rFactor2: primo trailer ufficiale - rFactor 2 by ISI - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

rFactor2: primo trailer ufficiale

VELOCIPEDE

Insidesimracing.tv presents the World Premiere of the first official rFactor 2 trailer brought to you by ISI. In this video, check out some great footage of 60s Formula One cars making their way around a spectacular looking version of Monaco.

Note that ISR have this for 24 hours, we'll be posting the original file for download and putting it on our own outlets after that period.

The text below I wrote as a piece for my blog. I feel it's still quite appropriate, although it's perhaps my own warped view of reality in some ways. wink.png

Grand Prix racing in the 1960's was a mixture of bravery that bordered on recklessness and, contrary to what many may say, innovative design and technology, far from primitive, which led Formula One to where it is today. It was an era when the human eye, instead of a computer and a wind tunnel, designed a beautiful car. It was an era where spectators and drivers were only protected by bales of hay, which were often more likely to attribute to a fire than to save you in an impact.

Risks were taken and lives were lost, but the romance of the era still remains been the target of software developers, TV documentaries, and Hollywood movies. Many, including those of us at ISI, consider this space in time to be a golden age in the history of motorsport. The racing game/sim community (console, or PC), mention certain content in their forums, twitters and blogs, they get excited about particular turns like Eau Rouge, the Corkscrew, etc. This often means they receive a cookie-cutter set of tracks from every racing game because – that’s what they ‘asked’ for.

Even when a developer does take a big risk and do something different, there are sometimes decisions made to incorporate those important turns. For example, an inclusion of the modern and recognizable Eau Rouge, incorrect for the period, into the 1998 PC title, Grand Prix Legends.

While we understand that our open modding nature allows it to negate some of that risk, it is important to realize that racing games often give difference in content, and often there is little to no risk for the developer in terms of content appreciation from the customer. Until, that is, they get bored of the same tracks all the time…

The first in-game/sim screenshot of rFactor 2 released to the public was of a road lined with trees, a house on the right and a truck parked in its driveway. This, barely recognizable to us as the same track now, was the first indication that ISI were trying to do something different.

We have licensed content from the modern era of motorsport for multiple types of racing, but also have licensing deals for real content from the first four decades of Formula One (some in the initial release, some to come later). We’ve done this because this is what we love and this is what we want to bring to the racing game/sim community. We want you to be challenged by our software, to be challenged rain or shine, day or night, old or new, and what better track to challenge you than the one we announced today via our friends at Inside Sim Racing?

We hope those of you who will want to participate in the open modders beta testing period are almost ready…

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VELOCIPEDE

• delpinsky

• speedpn

• Mauro

anche se non dice molto, questo video è + che sufficiente a farmi entrare in modalità "attesa" :)

finalmente un gpl2?!?

Edited by Mauro

E' vero che non si può paragonare a C.A.R.S. in quanto a grafica, però a mio parere è sempre un bel vedere, con la concezione tipo degli isi, cioè prima fisica e poi se rimangono tempo e risorse grafica, io lo trofo affascinante mi mette l'acquolina in bocca.

Guest MundoLibre

C.A.R.S. ??? i don't like ps3 or xbox. I like SIM!!! I like rFactor.

In rF2 the graphics will be better than rF1. This is enough for me! Considering all the new features introduced in rF2. rFactor is the simulator.

You are becoming console fans with C.A.R.S? at present build pre-alpha is little more than f1 2011 but far from a simulator.

dal forum ISI

Il video è editato ed stato montato tempo fa, quando l'implementazione dell'HDR non era a punto come ora, ma è un video promozionale per ISR, che svela la seconda pista storica e che vuole essere una citazione del film Grand Prix diretto nel 1966 da John Frankenheimer.

L'ispirazione del video è senza dubbio il film, del quale sono state riprese alcune inquadrature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfnh2Xpx-UM&feature=player_embedded

That's the issue during the development of gfx effects. You do get times when one effect has no issues and the next frame it does, and different effects have different issues and sometimes overlap, sometimes not. We've got to the stage though where we can show you what IS in the video, and the number of things either off or avoided in the video is decreasing bigtime. smile.png There's a mirage effect, heat haze on the track and heat haze on the cars, MUCH improved overall things like shadowing, physics (as best as they can be seen without you doing the driving) and of course killer content. I know it's tough to focus on what is there rather than what isn't... But that's what I'd do. wink.png

In rF2 the graphics will be better than rF1. This is enough for me! Considering all the new features introduced in rF2. rFactor is the simulator.

You are becoming console fans with C.A.R.S? at present build pre-alpha is little more than f1 2011 but far from a simulator.

La penso come te, però in riferimento al settore grafico non c'è niente da dire rispetto a C.A.R.S., nonostante i grandi passi in avanti è sempre il gmotor2, ma io sono impaziente perchè pensando a ciò che si è tirato fuori da rfactor grazie alla comunità, mi viene l'acquolina in bocca.

P.S. l'nglese lo leggo e lo capisco ma non lo scrivo :sad:

Well, owning F1 2011, I know exactly how the handling and the physics are... and I can tell without any doubt that C.A.R.S. is miles away better than F1 2011.

Not just a little. And if you consider it's just a pre-alpha, and the other "game" is a bugged release version, you realise the huge difference.

I can tell you since I've played C.A.R.S. I can't go back to F1 2011 anymore.

Graphically, there's no comparison.

Why all this anger against C.A.R.S.?

I would be happy to have both great sim :thumbsup: