Devs... Make it easier!! - netKar Pro Track Editor Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Devs... Make it easier!!

Guest infernal

Guest infernal

I'm trying to do a track for NetKar pro, so for rFactor or RBR with the Bob Track Builder it is very easy. I know that kunnos already talk with piddy, and BTB will not have directly compatibility with NetKar Pro (at least at the moment).

But after about 5 months trying a lot of things, I can't load my track in NetKar Pro, also I read the manual. But you need to change so much things when export from BTB and import to 3D Max, and then to KOF. So if you want to change some curb or a camber and go to BTB it can be very fustrating and maddening, and the logical reaction is leave the project for ever.

NetKar Pro at the moment don't has many habitual players like other sims, all know that more and more tracks can be a good incentive. But a normal user can't to do a track, only a expert on 3D Max, and that reduces too much the possibilities to see a lot and good tracks for netkar.

What I propose is, the developers could make a script for 3DMAX that import directly from the exporter BTB track, in rFactor format to 3DMAX with the name changes and other things needed for netkar.

Also BTB can export to ASCII Directx format, that has easy code structure, would be a good option (if not the best) to convert directly the ASCII DirectX format to NKO, or ASE, and then work only with BTB and KOF

Now I'm discouraged to continue with this project and I will stop to try again for a large time

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ngzzekq5n4l/DXText.rar

This is an example of a DirectX ASCII format for a track, I upload here if you want to take a gander

Edited by infernal

A few people have been developing their tracks in BTB then converting to nKPro (via 3ds Max), here's a video in case you haven't s already seen it.

Guest infernal

I had seen this video. And in that video show how to load in 3D Max, not how to load in NkPro after 3D Max. When you have done your track, you hasa lot of work on KOF before play in netkar, and the bigger problem. If you want to do a minor change in the road, like change the camber, if you go to BTB, you will need to redo about 3 or 4h of work before to test in nkpro.

What I'm asking is the possibity that KOF2 can load the DirectX format exported by BTB.

BTB has their rules to name the objetcs, but would can be translate to KOF2 "language"

It may be a silly suggestion, but couldn't you develop the track in rFactor until you're happy with it? It's unlikely that any move towards compatibility with BTB will come from Kunos, but other projects have made it, for example: