FAQ, tutorials, etc

Guest bigbean

Guest bigbean

Hi I'm new here, I discover Netkar when it was in 0.91 version and waw ! I found it great....

I would like to create and convert tracks, somebody could send me how do it?

Is it possible to create cars myself?

What are future projects in Netkar?

What are the next cars? (I know I'm dreaming about a Kart, a Formula3, a DTM and an ALMS:)

Will climatics conditions come in future?

About tracks : there are dangerous bumps on numburgring2002 and in raidillion at spa (impossible to drive without spin), and mugello converted from GP500 is not very pretty, when you see Mugello track they use in "GTmod" for F12002...will updates come?

Anyway, Sugo, Donington, Kyalami, Imola, Monza,and Suzuka are perfect !

bye...

Guest 17mika

It is possible to create and convert tracks, and I think that someone made a tutorial (i think it is in italian, but i'm not sure), but i don't know where you can find it :( . You have to know that in multiplayer will be used just authorised tracks. Some of the tracks ypu have tried are just beta not authorized (yet); I think that now the only authorized track are Imola, Mugello, Falkenberg, Kyialami, Newbury and Croft. As you have noticed, some of the not-authorized tracks have some mayor problems.

It is NOT possible to create cars. Kunos decided this way (I agree with him).

You can download the latest version of netKar (0.94b3) here http://www.btinternet.com/~stefano.casillo...Kar095beta3.exe

and then you have to put this fix over it :

http://www.btinternet.com/~stefano.casillo...ar095beta3b.exe

Directx 9 are needed.

In netKar there is F3000!!!! B):) the cars are supra JTCC, 360 modena, mini cooper, f renault2000, mg, pagani zonda,F3000, Ferrari 250 GTO. No new cars will be released soon(i think), but 3d model of Supra and Mg will be re-modelled. In a few days will be released a new version with some new phisics (called i think 0.95 or 0.96), and then the multiplayer, I think in some weeks.

Enjoy :) And sorry for may english :rolleyes: :D

Guest bigbean

No possibility to create cars? What a shame ! why not?

For tracks, somebody could say me where I can find tutorial for tracks creations? (In english?)

Guest 17mika
No possibility to create cars? What a shame ! why not?

kunos doesn't want people other people to create cars, because he wants every car to have a high level of quality.. every car must have his own peculiar phisics, that has to be nearest as possible to the real one. And by now, it is so :) And the only one who knows exactly how the phisic engine works is kunos

This is also the reason why the 3d models of the cars are blocked (would you like to see the phisics of the 360 modena with the shape of another car?? :rolleyes: an example of this is racer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ). If you are a modeller and you want to improve the 3d model of a car of netKar, you can contact kunos or Outrunner, and talk with them...

Oh.. i forgot I think that the next cars will be from BTCC or DTM, (someone told about Civic Vti), but it will take some time, since the attention now is focused on Multiplayer

Byez ;)

Guest bigbean

ok, thanks for informations

BTCC or DTM (or civic ;) ) coming soon? good !!

But The MG is already a BTCC car...

About carshapes, there are a lot of shape in games or for add-ons in the web. So, as we can make with tracks, I was suppose it is possible to convert carshapes for NetKar

I'll ask to Stefano, but I hope he'll make open program for carshapes and car's physic edition in the future !

For my part I just know make car and tracks textures <_<

I did make the Sebastien Bourdais's 2002 F3000, I hope I'll can show you screenshots soon

Bye

Ciao..

Thank you 17mika for info!

Any car would be nice.. :^) In terms of range - DTM, in terms of future multiplayer - BTCC (but definately steering wheel on LEFT then, like Honda Civic Type-R or Vauxhall Astra Coupe :^) Depending on what (real) car can be studied more.

But to tell the truth, most of us don't need any other cars at the moment ;^)) Finish multiplayer (so easy to say) and continue improve physics and current cars if you (Great Kunos and team) like it more (than rushing with new cars or having unfinished ones).

For example, I'm pretty damn happy with FR2000 and of course F3000 %^)))

No add-in cars and no editable 3D shapes (in terms of "anyone can do it"), no even on-board cams (there'r reasons)!! It's all no good for this sim!

Sounds and textures is enough. There is also track cams editable.. and track creating guide (for drafts that must be later "authorized" so can be used in multiplayer) coming sometime in future.

Guest bigbean

I suppose Kunos is trying to devellop generics physics for all cars'category?

There are all generic physics possibles in civil :a normal car (cooper), an old car (GTO) a tourism car (Modena), an exeption car (Zonda) for civils....

and there are all generic physics possible in competition : Supertourism car (MG), GT car (Supra), and monoplace (F.ford and F3000).

He just have to create Karting and ALMS (and F.ford and F3...and F1? :) ).....and in my opinion, netkar will be complete !

In future, maybe he'll separe these cars in category, and so we'll can create, for example, others GT with littles differences in physics, to differenciate a Supra with a Corvette?

Well, there are my dreams....

Hey guys, do you have some news about track tutorials (creation, conversion...)? could you send me a webpage adress or something like that?

Thanks and see you soon...

Guest 17mika

I think that another kind of car kunos is interested in is the ultra-light car (i don't know how to call them :D ), like elise, or the Megabusa.. i'd really like to see the megabsa in netKar, but i know it'll be a long time.

Kunos is ending the multi, then he'll leave for japan (and i believe that i'll take a bit of time to accustom him self to his new life), and there will be surely something to improve in multi before concentrating in other stuff. I'm just looking forward to try the multi :):)