MDCBox by MaiDireCamber - Page 3 - Setups - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

MDCBox by MaiDireCamber

BoNI

Guest Katsushika Matsumoto

MDCBox is not a guide, is a setup comparer, and probably will be made compatible with nkpro 1.1 next months...

perhaps you mean MaiDireSetup, which is a set-up guide... :smile:

:imbarazzato: Oh yeah sorry, What I meant was if "MaiDireSetup" is going to be translated :imbarazzato:

Quite confusing for me to read/understand Italian :whistle:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BoNI

• MaiDireCamber

• gigi

• Olivier.B

:smile: i will update it in the coming months, but not to traslate it. would be a job too big for my poor english... imbarazzato.gif

anyway... offtopic.gif

asd.gif

smile.gif i will update it in the coming months, but not to traslate it. would be a job too big for my poor english... imbarazzato.gif

anyway... offtopic.gif

asd.gif

Poor English isn't the problem, it's that with Google translate you sometimes lose the essence of what someone's saying. For example from the introduction to your setup guide I've deciphered:

This guide has been created with the intention of clarifying and simplifying certain concepts behind the development of a racing car, without attempting to be all-encompassing, but to be applicable to the simulator netKar PRO. The following is based on the knowledge and personal experiences of Kunos (taken from forums), and information from other guides and websites that deal with the topic. This paragraph's just to thank the authors from which I indirectly drew inspiration.

Enjoy!

Is this close (sorry for continuing the off topic discussionimbarazzato.gif)?

it is similar but not identical. one period has been translated incomplete and the general sense is not what i wrote. as a guide rather technical, using automatic translators there is a risk that the phrases and words are not translated with their original meaning...

it is similar but not identical. one period has been translated incomplete and the general sense is not what i wrote. as a guide rather technical, using automatic translators there is a risk that the phrases and words are not translated with their original meaning...

During the technical bits it can be hard to understand what

Guest NightShift

The good thing is nKP just uses standard technical terms for all the parts. Except the nKP specific bits (like FF gain damp etc), there's nothing to be guessed.

When in doubt I usually check out real tech tips/engineering papers, the ones written for sims often are choke full of funny ideas about how things work. Plus in nKP the car's telemetry can be studied with AIM's race analysis program, which makes easy to compare different solutions and see what is gained and what is lost in each single corner and straight beyond the mere driving feelings.

Boni's work is head and shoulders above the rFactor check-the-numbers stuff you usually find lying around the 'net, the only true shortcoming is its fairly compilative nature, but that's intended. Boni himself announced a rewrite some time ago, so there would be no point in translating it right now. Unless someone pays me for that :laugh:

I'll pay you in kind complimentshail.gif

Sometimes when reading the translation you still have to go back to the original guide to understand what's being talked about. I'd probably use telemetry more if I had a teammate to compare with, although it would be brilliant if GPC had a rule like in F2, where the pole position holder shares their replay and telemetry with the other drivers.

• 3 months later...

Scaricato al volo! Stavo per rispondere con una serie di domande, ma al suono di "just fuckin google it" ho trovato da solo le risposte che cercavo. :asd: Grazie!