[GTR Evo] F1 2007 Mod MMG Mak Corp

VELOCIPEDE

RD exclusive event and a first public look at MMG League Edition 2007 F1 cars (LE: all cars have same physics and performance). All drivers signed up for the RD Formula One Championship get first priority at signups. They have already been added to the list of attendees. If they cant attend I will open the remaining spots to the rest of club members. I will send a pm to everyone with the download link on Wednesday July 22nd.

Mandatory feedback: (well nothing is free)

* keep the feedback on car's physics (handling, acceleration, braking, etc)

* anything in particularly you really like or dislike

* please wait until after the race to post your feedback to have a chance to familiarize yourself with these cars

Final, note!! It is a beta release!! If you want or expect EVERYTHING perfect dont sign up or download it!!

-> http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr-evolut...ernational.html

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VELOCIPEDE

• Go!tta

• gecervi

• VinXent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
These cars remind me of Nigel Mansell and the Williams FW14B from 1992:

Everyone will remember that in that year Mansell was driving the FW14B and people were often commenting that it was the best car in the field and therefore easier to drive. Mansells response to that was to bang the car on pole for the British GP at Silverstone in a time of 1.18.965. Riccardo Patrese (driving the same car) was second on the grid with a 1.20.884 - 1.9 seconds slower. Senna was third with a 1.21.706 - so Patrese wasn't hanging around either.

What was so remarkable about that? Well - when Mansell returned to the pit-lane Patrese got on his knees and pretended to cup Mansells balls: he was that impressed and above all other people knew what it must have taken to put in that lap. The secret was that Mansell took Copse 25KPH faster than Patrese. He knew the car was fast so just pushed it beyond comprehendable limits. He said the car will let you drive as fast as you drive it (the driver was the limiting factor).

That is what this mod reminds me of. It feels easier to drive to everyone, when compared to other mods you have driven. But that means the driver has to make so much more difference. The times the fast guys are putting in with this mod are amazing. The thing is - you can't understand why you aren't matching their times because you think you are getting the most out of the car (it feels that stable).

When it is released, and you get your hands on it, you will know what I mean.

fonte RD

• 2 weeks later...