nKPro: patch 1.0.3 prevista a settembre - Page 2 - netKar PRO Forums - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

nKPro: patch 1.0.3 prevista a settembre

VELOCIPEDE

I just want to make clear to any netKar PRO customer that this project is not taking ANY time off the development of netKar v1.0.3.

So many things were changed during this long long long time since v1.0.2 and now the problem is to assemble all the new features into a stable package.

This august is very busy for all the team as we're working to clean up and close both the patch v1.0.3 and the Trento Bondone version for our customer Marangoni Tyre.

The netKar PRO version of the Trento Bondone plus the Osella car will be given a graphical remake and then released with netKar v1.1 (after the patch v1.0.3) with the added mode for hillclimb tracks.

Lots of things happening, and also very very exciting.. few know that Team BRD is now running with its own car and driver in the UK Formula BMW championship. The possibility of working with the simulator at the race track, comparing telemetry between the real car and the simulator, driven by the same driver is an incredible opportunity and the entire software is taking such a giant step thanks to the feedback and data coming from the real racing experience.

Plus, we were able seal a very important collaboration that will shape the future of all netKar PRO... once v1.0.3 will be out we'll start to inform you a bit more about our future.. that looks very very bright.

v1.0.3 feels really great and I hope it will be recognized as a brand new start or this project..or, maybe, what v1.0.0 should have been last year.

As now, netBike is just a technology demo.. I don't think we can afford to develop for it much, the team is not involved in this project in any way.. i am the only one "working" on it instead of a walk on a beach or something.. it keeps my brain working and it gives me new angles and ideas about physics approach and modeling.

And, as somebody was joking above about netQuake and shooting in Aviano.. actually that does exist too, and it is named E.r.i.K.a. (Experimental Racing Infantry Kunos Academy) and it is something i use to work on new graphic techniques that I can test without having the burden of netKar PRO's physic engine eating up much resources.. it is really possible to walk around in Aviano and shoot. Just as netBike it gives me a different vision.. thanks to this I can work on stuff as HDRL (High Dynamic Range Lighting), Post Process effect, new collision detection systems, real time shadows, user interface.. all these things will be available also in netKar PRO once the typical PC's power allows me to make these things run decently together with a CPU hungry physic model like netKar's.

I know that motorbike enthusiasts are hoping for a "full" simulator starting, but sorry to say that netBike isnt it.. at least at this stage it is hard for me to see a real possibility to find the time and resources to bring this project from techdemo to decency.

Stefano "kunos" Casillo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oppolo

• asso(ita)

• Vaillant

• VELOCIPEDE

come e' stato notato da molti questa notizia non deriva da nessun comunicato ufficiale. pero' e' vero che agosto e' tutto dedicato a chiudere questa 1.0.3 pero' la data di settembre non posso confermarla, quando avremo una data sicuramente la comunicheremo.

Riguardo a cose tipo HDR, piste o auto aggiuntive, mi sembra che il nome della versione: 1.0.3 dovrebbe sottolineare che NON sono previsti contenuti aggiuntivi (quindi NO HDR, NO Trento Bondone, NO nuovi tracciati o vetture). Ci sono miglioramenti su tutto il campo, a iniziare dalla fisica (grazie a nuovi dati e confronti con ingegneri di pista e piloti), passando alla grafica con un sistema piu' leggero e un nuovo sistema per le ombre delle vetture che rende piu' godibili i replay, fino ad un multi in linea con la concorrenza e vero punto caldo di questa patch.. una marea di bug corretti nell'interfaccia utente (che non cambiera' per la 1.0.3.. per la 1.1 invece introdurremo una nuova interfaccia utente in aggiunta alla vecchia per valutare la migliore strategia per il futuro), tempi di caricamento ridotti fino al 20%, miglioramenti nell'interazione con l'AIM Race Studio.

Guest pirci

Kunos , se hai tempo e voglia di rispondere, avrei una domandina ^_^

Il multy "in linea con la concorrenza" significa server con 30 macchine oppure rimaniamo con il tetto di 15 ?

Grazie ^_^

Ps: fremo e godo :asd:

Il tetto dovrebbe rimanere quello dei 15, dal momento che altrimenti bisognerebbe rimettere pure mano alle piste che hanno 15 box...

15, secondo me, e' un buon numero.. e se si vuole un campionato a 30, basta fare 2 raggruppamenti, coi piu' meritevoli che corrono nel primo, e gli altri nel secondo ;)

kiss

libks

Guest Vange
CUT

per quanto riguarda i replay, sono sistemati i motori delle altre auto (muti)?

e la visualizzazione dei danni (che spesso

Guest pirci
Il tetto dovrebbe rimanere quello dei 15, dal momento che altrimenti bisognerebbe rimettere pure mano alle piste che hanno 15 box...

15, secondo me, e' un buon numero.. e se si vuole un campionato a 30, basta fare 2 raggruppamenti, coi piu' meritevoli che corrono nel primo, e gli altri nel secondo ;)

kiss

libks

Si , anche per me 15 vanno benissimo ...n

Trovo ottimo il discorso della "leggerezza" grafica,credo vero problema che innesta anche qualche pecca nel multi...quindi ottima notizia.

Il fatto di reggere 15 auto lo trovo ottimo;certo 20 era meglio,ma in linea di massima sono contrario ad avere 30auto tutte assieme,io credo che generino solo confusione e basta.

La Trento-Bondone anche se non c'

Edited by asso(ita)

Trovo ottimo il discorso della "leggerezza" grafica,credo vero problema che innesta anche qualche pecca nel multi...quindi ottima notizia.

Il fatto di reggere 15 auto lo trovo ottimo;certo 20 era meglio,ma in linea di massima sono contrario ad avere 30auto tutte assieme,io credo che generino solo confusione e basta.