Interserie 1970 Mod

VELOCIPEDE

We are pleased to bring you the inaugural year of the Interserie series. Much like Can-Am racing in the States the Interserie was a series for Prototype sports cars featuring short races instead of the grueling 1000km and 6, 12, and 24 hour races of the World Sportscar Championship.

We have not done any new cars for this series (although we wanted to), we have selected 17 cars from WSC1970 that are representative of the series. We suggest playing with no more than 17 AI since the fields were small.

Included tracks are Norisring and Thruxton from iDT (Thanks iDT!) and Croft 1967 (Thanks to David Sabre), Hockenheim 1970 (Thanks to Gilles Sauthon), and Keimola 1970 (Thanks to Greger Huttu and Olli Suominen / Jussi Kaskia) from GPL, conversions by algis and CWG.

This is playable as a championship and includes all six races including the two heats of the first round at Norisring. Race distances are accurate and the sixth round at Hockenheim was the longest race of the season at 81 laps/300 miles.

www.csgt.filefront.com

Go Drive!

One day while working on WSC1970 I was poking around in related series, USRRC, Can-Am, Trans-Am etc when I stumbled on the Interserie. I immediately realized that most of the cars were identical to the WSC cars, same teams and in most cases the same drivers and chassis numbers. It struck me that this would be a quick add-on mod for WSC1970 if I could find the tracks. Norisring and Thruxton had been done by iDT, Hockenheim had been done by VLM, and Croft had been done by Tantra, 4 out of the 5 tracks! I contacted algis and asked him to see about converting Keimola from GPL while I started contacting the various authors for permissions.

This was a back burner project, most of our effort needed to be focused on WSC, of course. As time went by we realized that Tantra’s Croft was from the wrong era so I contacted David and algis converted his version, while he was at it he converted Gilles’ Hockenheim. He also began work on a modified Norisring adding some 1600 meters to iDT’s track to match the 1970 course As we gathered new volunteers we had hopes of getting the correct short tail 512s and Alfas created and getting the correct paint jobs on the cars. Unfortunately this didn’t work out. What had started as a simple, quick add-on had grown into a full time project of it’s own that we really didn’t have time for.

Now that we are moving to rFactor I have resurrected this project in more or less it’s original form.

The cars were selected based on the teams that participated in both series. You can add more if you wish.

Norisring is the original iDT track. Algis has done the extra 1600m of track but hasn’t had time to do the additional 1600m of scenery so the added section is not included.

Hockenheim, I fell in love with algis’ conversion of this track. It still needs a little more work but it is race able. You may prefer to use VLM’s excellent Hockenheim instead.

Croft, early days on this conversion too. If we had had more time/talent… also race able.

Keimola was probably the most difficult conversion. For some reason we never could get the quirks ironed out. The pits are semi-functional, there are two AIWs in the folder, take your choice. Race able with the exception of pitting.

Thruxton, what can I say, another great track from iDT.

I am not sending the converted tracks to Wookey. They are really not done to our satisfaction, more or less working betas.

I like this little add-on. I run it with fuel consumption turned off so that there is no pitting avoiding the semi-functional pits problems.

Norm

Guest Johnny

penso necessiti del WGTS, che forse a sua volta aveva forse bisogno di qualcos'altro.....ma non trovo il 3d specifico.