Montreal in arrivo....

VELOCIPEDE

Just to let you know: upon downloading the track from the GPChampionship.com site, you are asked to confirm that you own the GP4 game (from which these tracks have been converted). By clicking 'Ok' people confirm to own the game and the download can continue.

First of all, thanx for all your good work! :)

Now, just a little question to clarify, does GP4 allow reverse engenneering, decompiling or modyfing its contents for other platforms?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaap Wagenvoort

• Robbiexsstar

• johndoe

• oppolo

Now, just a little question to clarify, does GP4 allow reverse engenneering, decompiling or modyfing its contents for other platforms?

Judging by the amount of GP4 conversions already publically floating around in the ISI-based sims for a while (I have seen 10+ GP4 conversions, even on rscnet.org) it seems as though there's no problem. Otherwise, the people who converted those tracks from GP4 to rFactor should already long have been told to stop their activities in my opinion. To at least make sure no copyright infringement takes place, people who download tracks that I converted must state to own GP4. This makes sure that the track copyright is actually not (or at least less of) a problem as far as I know, because you also own the orginal GP4 track and just use it in a different simulation.

Robbiexsstar, what is your point? Is this your way to block the progress of netKar PRO from the community?

Just to let you know: upon downloading the track from the GPChampionship.com site, you are asked to confirm that you own the GP4 game (from which these tracks have been converted). By clicking 'Ok' people confirm to own the game and the download can continue.

Do you know the reverse engeneering is forbidden from other sim? :rolleyes:

You sayed many people make coversion but theese people are not in a betetesting group while you are in nK PRO betatesting group.

Jaap your work is good I don't want attack it or you, but if yuo are a betatesr for nK PRO I think is dangerous for the sim make track conversion from an other sim.

I have nothing against nK PRO, I don't want block the progress of nK PRO, just I was looking for an answer to my question and you answered to me very well.

I belive to see original tracks for nK PRO in the future, not only conversion from other sims.

Take it easy.

:ciao:

Edited by Robbiexsstar

Robbiexsstar, what is your point? Is this your way to block the progress of netKar PRO from the community?

Do you know the reverse engeneering is forbidden from other sim? :rolleyes:

You sayed many people make coversion but theese people are not in a betetesting group while you are in nK PRO betatesting group.

Jaap your work is good I don't want attack it or you, but if yuo are a betatesr for nK PRO I think is dangerous for the sim make track conversion from an other sim.

I have nothing against nK PRO, I don't want block the progress of nK PRO, just I was looking for an answer to my question and you answered to me very well.

I belive to see origianal tracks for nK PRO in the future, not only conversion from other sims.

Take it easy.

It is clear you do not respect my wish to deal with this in private conversations. The following is the last I'm going to say about this issue.

I'm in no way officially related to the nKPro devteam. Yes, I have betatested, but I have no official position whatsoever in the netKar PRO team, so there is no problem. If betatesting already makes you part of a development team, then you lost your ideas on how things work. In the current days I'm just another community member that tries to move this sim forwards.

If any GP4 track dev comes to me and says 'stop converting our tracks', then I'll stop immediately. I have nothing to win with converting the tracks except making the community happy. I'm not gaining money with the tracks. They are not used for professional purposes. I'm just coming forward to give the community more fun with more tracks than just the default ones. I have no other interest, surely not a commercial one and that's the most important aspect.

Indeed, if I would have been in a position in the devteam, I would not work on track conversions since I would have a commercial interest then. But - THAT IS NOT THE CASE. Clear now?

Now stop putting me in a bad light, even if your intentions are good. If you have good intentions, respect my wish and communicate in private. If you don't respect that, then all I'll do is ignore posts like this. This is the last I wrote about this topic in public. The choice is yours.

Edited by Jaap Wagenvoort

I'm sorry Jaap but if you think I wrote my posts to put you in a bad light you are wrong.

I don't know your position in the nK PRO crew I only know you are the only one can make an addon track for nK PRO because you have the nK/dk.

I asked you if you are in nK PRO and you answered no.

I think this informations are not a secret and I don't understand why this conversation must do in private. :imbarazzato:

I apologize to you for this misunderstanding but I say another time I have nothing against nK PRO, I don't want block the progress of nK PRO, just I was looking for an answer to my question and you answered to me very well.

I don't want talk no more about this topic.

Ok - let's finish it here then.

Good to see that the answers are clear. I'm not part of the devteam. I'm just a community user that does a bit more for the community than other community users and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Compare my situation with Laurent that did the initial F3 mod for rFactor. He did the mod in the time he was 'just' a community member (just doing a bit more than other members). He got picked up by the ISI devteam and of course now doesn't do things like that because he's now an official member of the devteam.

I hope you see I'm not running away for the responsibility and that I only do my work in my spare time (develop GPCOS, organise netKar PRO league and work on tracks) in order to help the community.

Thanks for being open-minded about it! Let's focus on the talk now on the things that matter: the racing. Of course I'm always open to discuss things, but I prefer to talk about these kind of 'sensitive' issues in private to avoid people jumping to (wrong) conclusions, which unfortunately happens a lot lately. Especially with these kind of situations you need to avoid people getting to a wrong conclusion just because some guys are posting without knowing the truth in some public forum. Hope this gives you some clue on why I prefer to talk about it in private.

:smile:

Edited by Jaap Wagenvoort

Judging by the amount of GP4 conversions already publically floating around in the ISI-based sims for a while (I have seen 10+ GP4 conversions, even on rscnet.org) it seems as though there's no problem. Otherwise, the people who converted those tracks from GP4 to rFactor should already long have been told to stop their activities in my opinion. To at least make sure no copyright infringement takes place, people who download tracks that I converted must state to own GP4. This makes sure that the track copyright is actually not (or at least less of) a problem as far as I know, because you also own the orginal GP4 track and just use it in a different simulation.

It's correct for me, but You can't write that "people who download tracks that I converted must state to own GP4", because the license is not a right of property, only of use and only in GP4. So, it's useless.

Bye! (I'm sorry for my english...)

Edited by Ubaldo

Question: is this Montreal circuit again a conversion from GP4, is (in general) a conversion taken from a game (which one?) or has it been developed from scratch?