• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaap Wagenvoort

• Robbiexsstar

• johndoe

• VELOCIPEDE

I am not in the netKar PRO crew. I'm just betatester for the simulation and the track editor.

Thanks for the answer.

:ciao:

You're welcome. I do think these kind of topics do not belong to the public topics, but should rather be dealt with in private messages.

I also want to thank you for all your work to move netKar PRO forward :up:

Fool. I'm not a professional track designer. I'm just doing all I can to help netKar PRO and I don't think the tracks (Monaco, Silverstone and Montreal) have mediocre textures and in general are of bad quality.

But thanks anyway - you're my hero of the day. It seems you're really good at giving criticism... if you know it so well, please go ahead and show you can do it better.

Do you really think your track quality is the same of the original tracks??? :unsure:

It was not my intention to attack your works (or you)... I just don't understand why kunos agree with that not professional tracks conversions... the original idea was different... just that!

In the future will we see many tracks convertions like that?

I mean... without kunos quality check...?

This was my question.... just that...

I'm happy for nKPRO comunity if you keep on working... don't worry... you are my hero too!!! :winner:

It was not my intention to attack your works (or you)... I just don't understand why kunos agree with that not professional tracks conversions... the original idea was different... just that!

ZoSo... maybe you didn't read my post..

KUNOS CANNOT CHECK ANYTHING. He has been saying it 4 more than a year..

There had been various discussions on this topic during the summer/autumn of 2005, and Kunos and Markus repeated more than once that the possibility of any sort of checking wouldn' t be feasible :smile:

Edited by 17mika

ZoSo... maybe you didn't read my post..

There had been various discussions on this topic during the summer/autumn of 2005, and Kunos and Markus repeated more than once that the possibility of any sort of checking wouldn' t be feasible :smile:

Ok sorry... so I did not understand an a cippa of dick.... :P

Permettimi non potr

Do you really think your track quality is the same of the original tracks??? :unsure:

Where the hell did I write that I think that the quality of my conversed tracks is the same as the original tracks??? Learn to read before you jump to conclusions.

It was not my intention to attack your works (or you)...

Then why did you do just that?

I just don't understand why kunos agree with that not professional tracks conversions... the original idea was different... just that!

What is a 'professional track conversion' then? In my opinion, only tracks with which money is made is called 'professional'. The rest is amateur work. My conversions belong to the same category.

However, I think you are going way too far. Before you make the same mistake again: my conversions are not up to the level of the professional tracks that nKPro already has. However, I do keep the quality of the nKPro tracks as reference point. I think the quality of the tracks is pretty good for amateur work. Like I said before, I'm not a professional track designer. I do think my work is a lot better than some of the rubbish we've seen in other communities (some ISI-based track conversions for example). At the least, the tracks are an addition to the community and that's the key.

Again: I'm not saying that the work compared to the original tracks. I have huge respect for the work si3v have done. Also mind my work (and spare time!!!) isn't just limited to tracks. I also organise a dedicated online netKar PRO simracing championship and have developed a full blown simracing league management tool. With this and a fulltime job I can't make perfect tracks. At least I can help the community and that's what counts. Please don't 'change' my words.

This comment just had a bad taste - and you know that.. ah well, you can have your opinion, too. I'd like to challenge you though: this comment clearly shows you don't think the tracks have quality. Please help the community and show how it's done then. At least then you have a reason to give all the criticism.

Edited by Jaap Wagenvoort

Robbiexsstar, what is your point? Is this your way to block the progress of netKar PRO from the community?

Edited by Jaap Wagenvoort

Robbiexsstar, what is your point? Is this your way to block the progress of netKar PRO from the community?

Just to let you know: upon downloading the track from the GPChampionship.com site, you are asked to confirm that you own the GP4 game (from which these tracks have been converted). By clicking 'Ok' people confirm to own the game and the download can continue.