Server config

Guest SpiderX

Guest SpiderX

First of all tx to ARIS and AMON (great online support.... you guyz should create one of those HOT lines with that kind of HANDY support...eheheh... tx guyz)

Great graphics mand sound .... congratulations to the entire team....

now the tricky part, multiplayer, ive read aris thread several times and still didnt figure out one thing....

When i create a server it imediatelly starts the countdown in seconds, i thought this was just between the qualify and the race..... oh...and i start on the track.... do the qualify is a conjugation of values or just adding laps to the practice laps?? from what i understood it should be only this but the countdown starts as soon as the server starts..... another thing...what happens when the race finishes? and when the last player leaves the server seems it dies....

Congratz people :winner:

Now its tuning and patching (possible patching withouth kunos i know!) time

PS: theres one thing that really really gets me nervous, when trying to copy an IP from chat and the sucker is running away because of the chit chat...man...its really nerve braking

I'm not sure i've fully understood what you're asking, but i'll give it a try ;)

When i create a server it imediatelly starts the countdown in seconds, i thought this was just between the qualify and the race.....

If you configure the server to start with qualify then race I think that's the countdown to start of qualifyng session... watch nkservercfg.ini, if MODE=1 then the server will start with qualify, then go to race. if MODE=0 Server will start directly from race.

do the qualify is a conjugation of values or just adding laps to the practice laps??

To me qualify and practice are the same thing ;) Qualify (practice) session is configured by this values in nkservercfg.ini :

PRACTICETIME=XX

Where XX is the time in minutes the qualify will last

MAXVALIDLAPS=XX

Maximum number of laps in qualify, for example if a player makes 13 laps during qualify in a server that has MAXVALIDLAPS=12, that player will lose his times at least ( maybe booted from the server not sure ) It's a good idea to keep this value high, say 50 for a qualify session of 10 minutes. It seems that the occurrency of a pilot running more laps in qualify than allowed creats problems to the server...

:bye: