**IMPORTANT** Future of netKar **IMPORTANT**

Markus72

Guest martin buchan

Nkpro?

Will that have more stuff or be harder (NetKar original is already really hard but I love it)

When I started racing NetKar with the GPC.com community (Jaap, Serge, Bob Pearson and others) I loved the game and if I could get my connection problems sorted out then i would love the game even more.

Please keep developing the game Kunos!

I'm a bit uncertain though. Marco stated that you stopped work on nK coding, but you are stating in the post above that "Right now, all I can and have to do is to push hard, using all of my spare time coding and improving nKpro the best I can so to get you guys follow and support the project, and then really, the limit is the sky; myself and the ppl involved in nK since from the start proved we could deliver even if it was a spare time occupation"

Does this mean that you are still working on the project, but that simply another approach is chosen?

Marco was talking about the situation as it was until one month ago, where basically there was no work done on nK whatsoever.

Sure I am work on it right now and yes, multiplayer will be a big part of my improvements over nK 0.9.9.

ciao.gif

Fantastico, Stefano! happy204.gif

I spoke to Palmer yesterday and we had a very good discussion on netKar. We will both continue our work on nkDeamon/nkService+nkTracker (Palmer) and nkChampionship (myself). We will continue to offer our help to help and support the ever growing nK community. I felt that Palmer is very closely involved with nK and we both want nK to succeed in the simracing, simply because we believe in it!

Palmer and myself are both planning to release both nkService and nkChampionship as open source project to the nk community. It could only help to increase the quality of the tools I think. Thegoal of both Palmer and myself to help/contribute in creating a sustainable base for the future of nK in terms of amount of racers involved.

Stefano, I am very happy about your statement and the respect the openness you express. Be sure that every second and every effort you spend in nK is rewarded and part of the future. I worked on nkChampionship for the past three months while working on my final thesis for uni and even though I sometimes wondered 'why am I doing all this work?', I know that it is worth it.... simply because nK is so beautiful and could be an important milestone in the simracing world.

Now stop coding for a second and just be proud on what you have done, Stefano. After that... go back to coding biggrin.gif (joking of course). Fun is the best motivator in my opinion. Just try to have fun in the development without the feeling to 'being pushed'. I feel that this nK community is growing will continue to be a warm and friendly community. We all have a role to make sure that will be the base.

It is great to see that you are planning to work on multiplayer and I'm looking forward to any developments or statement on development. I feel that is a very important aspect for the sustainable growth and future of netKar, simply because we are living in a more 'connected world' (who would ever think of creating and racing with a racing simulation game 10 years ago with guys from all over the world?), but I think I am on 'repeating mode' now doubt.gifno.gifsmile.gif

Now... where is that Matsuura Aya picture on the http://www.netkar-pro.com/ site? blink.giflaugh.gif

It is no problem that you will be a bit more quiet in the forums, mate. It is great to see that you guys understand the value (also of the game) of a close relationship with the community (mainly over here and in the RSC forums), also for the final quality and support for the sim in the end. The DI-forum + RSC forum community coul alsod be the home base of a much bigger community in the future.

I'm really anxious for future things to happen and remember that I will continue 'plugging' and supporting netKar where I can, both in forum activity, GPC.com online league racing and tool development smile.gif

Off now again... supporting you all the way, Stefano! Let's go and jointly create a great future for nK together!! You, the whole dev team (Marco, Aris, Outrunner and all others), Palmer, me and all other fanatic simracers from all over the world can make things happen!

Guest Aristotelis

Jaap, I never had the chance, but neither can find the words now to thank you enough for all the support you (and palmer!) have given to beta versions of netkar.

just... thank you for everything until now, and thank you again for the future wink.gif

smile.gif Thanks, Aris!

Let's try to continue to keep (and improve) the close communication with each other and the community. The community is the potential of the sim and has a major role in the final success of the commercial product I think.

Thanks again for your appreciation and ... you are more than welcome tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

There is a discussion going on in the RSC forum on why netKar is/can win the battle with future rivals (GTR, FIRST). In my opinion staying close and listening closely to the community could be, apart from functionality, a crucial aspect in favour of netKar. In this 'virtual age' communities are stronger than one thinks smile.gif

Greets from Holland to Italy & Japan SHOCKED.gif

Guest mickyknox

In my opinion staying close and listening closely to the community could be, apart from functionality, a crucial aspect in favour of netKar. In this 'virtual age' communities are stronger than one thinks smile.gif

I couldn't agree more, and in my opinion nK has a real gem of a community, and I am continually pleasantly surprised by it, be it on here, on the 70GT boards or "back home" at RSC.

Although occasionally left a little out in the cold, the nK community has been very well treated thus far, and as such is very passionate and supportive, and its something I feel lucky to be a part of.

Long live nK cool.gif

Simon

• 1 year later...
Guest stifflers mum

hi guys,

first of all, a very well racing sim. congrats!

its good to see some know people in here, like mr wagenvoort. i know your name from gp3...man, long time ago.

it makes my heart jumping to see some guys develop her own racing game. my respect to you stefano and team. its a dream of mine since a couple of years to do the same, unfortunatly i cant progam such stuff, and its not my thing also. but for this reason people like stefano was born.

i love to work without pressure too, cant stand director-like people...but:

wouldnt it help you, if i found an investor, who enables the development for one year? so you guys could work on it without any moneytroubles. i love this idea...

next question: is the code complete written by you or is it an ISI code? somtimes it reminds me on rfactor or gpl. what not means it is bad! is it possible to create such flying/physicly correct tirebarriers like in flatout?

keep your heads up guys, i can help you too in some graphical terms if you need me.

bye

Edited by stifflers mum

its good to see some know people in here, like mr wagenvoort. i know your name from gp3...man, long time ago.

it makes my heart jumping to see some guys develop her own racing game. my respect to you stefano and team. its a dream of mine since a couple of years to do the same, unfortunatly i cant progam such stuff, and its not my thing also. but for this reason people like stefano was born.

i love to work without pressure too, cant stand director-like people...but:

wouldnt it help you, if i found an investor, who enables the development for one year? so you guys could work on it without any moneytroubles. i love this idea...

next question: is the code complete written by you or is it an ISI code? somtimes it reminds me on rfactor or gpl. what not means it is bad! is it possible to create such flying/physicly correct tirebarriers like in flatout?

keep your heads up guys, i can help you too in some graphical terms if you need me.

bye

290366[/snapback]

hi mate.. sure is a loooong time, but some things in simracing never change smile.gif I think the nKpro team is aiming for a release pretty soon. This should finally bring in some well-deserved cash for them. The best idea is to show everyone why nKpro is the best sim out there in order for a lot of people to buy a license smile.gif

The code, as far as I know, is completely written by the nKpro team, it surely is no ISI-code smile.gif

Not sure if there are correct tyrebarriers, but that's not what makes a hardcore racing simulation I think (even though it would be a nice add-on) smile.gif