Assetto Corsa FunCup UK mod

VELOCIPEDE

Official FunCup Endurance Championship

Background on the Championship:
From https://funcup.co.uk/about/
"The cars are race designed, single-seaters, with super-strong space frame chassis. They are powered by an 1800cc, 130 bhp VW/Audi petrol engine, with the ultra reliable Sadev sequential gearbox.

They all feature race brakes and fully adjustable suspension. All cars are identical in specification, with no-performance modifications. The championship consists of two classes and a trophy is awarded to the top 3 teams in each class after each race. The Masters Championship is for any teams who have a driver or drivers aged 55 or above.

The races are all endurance, between 3 and 8 hours in the UK, complete with pit stops and all the drama of such an event. Teams vary from 2 – 6 drivers in the UK and thanks to carefully formulated rules, however many in a team, your chance of success is exactly the same.

So, with the car engines and gearboxes sealed and regulations strictly controlled, the racing is super close and the running costs remarkably low for this type of racing."

Background on the mod:
This project started in mid 2019 as just an idea for something "better" than using cars of similar performance. I wanted something to use as a training tool for my racing in the FunCup UK Championship.

I had a model made up from around 150 reference photos of the car which got finished at the end of that year. Once the car was imported and in the game, I could start to compare the sim car and the real car.

picture 4.jpg

Screenshot_funcup_evo1_doningtonpark2018_28-3-120-9-56-18.jpg

Screenshot_funcup_evo1_ks_brands_hatch_24-6-120-15-5-31.jpg

Screenshot_funcup_evo3_ks_brands_hatch_7-2-121-13-7-2.jpg