Formula 3 by Radiator Springs Racing - Open Wheelers Mods - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Formula 3 by Radiator Springs Racing

Uff

DOWNLOAD car + skin pack -> http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7781

Formula 3 cars has been always very important for RSR Team.
Already from our netKar PRO time, when we were constantly organizing championships, we always considered this car as one of the nicest car to race with. Fast, but not too much, easy to drive, difficult to master. For sure a great car that allows to have very close and exciting races.

This is the reason why we started working on this specific car. @Mario Gilles and @Maurizio JR Gilles on 3d model of this car, and @Andrea Lojelo on the physics.

We've been very lucky to get @Tristan Cliffe involved in our project. He is a Formula 3 driver in F3 Cup UK, and he helped us to push this project to a completely different level.
I've been invited to their last two F3 Cup events at Spa Francorchamps, where I spent my time taking pictures, looking at data, speaking to drivers and engineers, learning more about their cars and how they tune them, and trying to get as much information as possible.
Full days spent as a team member, living the experience, understanding how much time it takes to do a small change on the setup, being on the grid, feeling all the excitement and professionalism of a real life race.
I've been cooperating with Tristan and his team extensively in the last year and an half (almost 350 emails), and we got our hands on plenty of technical data and full telemetry to use as a reference. Tristan also helped us with measurements and tons of tests to give us proper feedback.
His help has been invaluable. A huge thank you from ours side to him and his team, Omicron Motorsport.

We've been as meticulous as we possibly can on both 3d and physics, going deeper and deeper on any aspect of the car.
This has been for me in particular, a very exciting journey, in which I learnt a lot, studying in more detail the intricate aspects of the different areas that are required to model a car correctly. This gave me also the possibility to have long conversations with other users, often very knowledgeable.
Even here, a special thanks to @Avoletta, @David Dominguez, @pankykapus and anyone else that helped me on this project.

I've been also very happy to have everyone in the RSR team excited about this project. Mario and Maurizio have done an excellent work on the car, with their usual competence and passion. Thanks also to @f.gek for his help with few features of the car. Great to see the team work together!

This car will also feature a nice sound package created by Davide "@elMariachi90" Cervone. It was exciting to see how, in a very short time, he managed to produce our soundpack.
I was very surprised to receive some very peculiar questions on some technical aspects of the car, so that he could model them in the proper way in his sounds as well. Thanks, Davide!

One more huge thank you to @KLGreene with his ACTI telemetry tool an some support for our specific project. I spent the most of my time analyzing the car inside out with the telemetry, and I couldn't imagine any other way to check and refine the physics of this car.

We've also created a nice skinpack thanks to @After_Midnight, @NWRAP-ESP, @F430_458_F12, @Gianmarco and the unstoppable @Mario Gilles. Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Thank you also to Mattia Oselladore, PREMA Powerteam's Technical Director, for the detailed pictures provided for the interior of the car.

Last but not the least, a big thank you to Kunos Simulazioni team, not only for creating Assetto Corsa, but also for helping and supporting the community.

Here are the main features in the RSR Formula 3:
- Realistic physics, based entirely on real life data, verified with telemetry and driver feedback. Same laser scanned track, same car, same setup, same driver.
- Suspension and dampers modelled in details, after measuring them on the real car.
- full analysis on suspension geometry and dynamics (Roll Centers, Anti Squat, Anti Dive, KPI, Caster, Tyre Offset,Scrub Radius, Springs and Damper Rates, Critical Damping, Suspension Travel and so on)
- Fully spec'd aerodynamics. Advanced mathematical model created to fit with minimal loss of information, the complex aero measurements into AC aerodynamics model.
- the model is taking into account also wings interactions (disturbance of the front wing angle on the efficiency of the rear wing).
Since it's not possible at the moment to model this in a dynamic way (hopefully in pipeline at KS), the mathematical model I've worked on, it is tuned to get realistic aero balance altering wings. Optimal results on commonly used wing angles.
- Front Spitter, underbody and Diffuser stalling at realistic height
- Tyres modelled in detail. Tire wear tuned with the help of the driver, tyre grip from official tyre manufacturer data. Dependency on pressure, temperature, real tyre rates and so on.
- 3 different tyre compounds. The only real one is the AVON Medium tyre, the other tyres are created with plausible modification from the official one.
- Engine tuned with realistic drive train loss. Fuel consumption tuned with real measurements.
- Setup screen based purely on real values. Real gear ratios, wings modifications, suspension/damper settings, min/max values adjusted to real values.
- Brakes calculations to match real values
- Throttle position from measurements
- Gearbox timing tuned with telemetry data

- Scratch made 3d Model
- Working Steering Wheel display with realtime information
- Working rain light (enable it by turning on the lights)
- Animated suspensions with detailed suspension geometry
- Custom made driver animations
- 3D Damage model

This project is a work created with passion. We've spent countless hours to produce this car. We hope to receive honest feedback from users. There might be errors and things that we missed or misinterpreted, so if you find something that looks weird, feel free to contact us.

We hope that our work will not be ripped off without without permission. We're open to discussions for any customization for specific purpose.
It's strictly prohibited to use our mod in simulation centers or shows, or any paid event/championship without our permission. We created this mod for free, and, in case others wants to get profits with it (either directly or indirectly through advertisements), we would like at least to get informed first.

We will be instead more than happy if people will have fun with our mod, creating free championships, just as we did in the past.
We are all looking forward for your opinion on the car to improve it even more.

If you've read this post fully, there's something wrong with you. What are you still doing here? Grab the mod, go on track and have fun!

Cheers
RSR Team

Please check our website for the download, and more info about us and our projects

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuka

• VELOCIPEDE

• Uff

• wildsurfer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Si pare proprio lei.. Per un attimo avevo pensato alle Auto Gp ma poi quelle gobbe sul muso proprio non c'azzeccano!

Here I am, back from Spa Francorchamps were I've been guest of @Tristan Cliffe and his team Omicron Motorsport. They are running the uk F3 Cup, and they are currently leading the team championship with Tristan being 2nd on the drivers championship.
I spent 2 days with the team, looking at what they are doing to prepare the car for the race weekend, analysing telemetry and videos and discussing about their experience in motorsport.
They've share with me a lot of technical information about the car, and we will work closely together to get an accurate physical model of the car.
Here some example of some data we got on engine, gearing, and aerodynamics, but we got much more than just this. Values has been blurred out to protect their data.
mGdO7yPs.jpg X51LUmSs.jpg z2gqFiJs.jpg
Further more, the fact that they are running on some of the laser scanned tracks in AC, will help us even more to compare telemetry data of the real car and the simulated one.
We have all the ingredients to do a good job, and I'm really excited to dig deeply into all the new info they gave me.

In those days I got a much better insight of the car, their running costs, on how much time it takes to do modification on setups, and but most importantly on what it feels like to be in a Formula 3 team.
Here is a picture I took from the grid
brmr4Qal.jpg
Our team (Maurizio Gilles Jr and Mario Gilles) started modeling a F3 car some time ago, and this is how our model looks like at the moment.
jW4AkjJl.jpg
As you might notice this is the Dallara F312 version, and not the F307 that Tristan is using. At the moment we will create the physics for the F307, since we have all we need to do a better job, but we will try in the future to get more info on the F312 as well. We have already some data on the F312, but not as much as the F307, at the moment, so we've decided to go for the latter. We might do both cars in the future, but for now we will concentrate on Tristan's car physics. I hope the purists will not get mad at us about it clear.png

I would like to take the opportunity to to thank Tristan and his team once more for the wonderful experience. Was really great to be there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest N.Sylvest

Hi, 

this project looks really cool! Are there any news about this, and when it will be available for download?

Thank you. 

// Nicolai Sylvest