Simautosport 2013/2014 BTCC Cars - Road/Sport Cars Mods - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Simautosport 2013/2014 BTCC Cars

VELOCIPEDE

Simautosport 2013/2014 BTCC Cars
So I thought it was worth starting a post now as i've been working on a number of projects and starting to get my head around the basics. Please bare in mind that I am learning from scratch 3D Studio Max so this is not a quick overnight build but one that may take a long while however I welcome helpful feedback to aid in progress.

I'm starting with the BMW 1 Series 2013 BTCC car as I think with RWD it will offer a nice alternative to the Civic to start with however the plan is to build all of the cars longer term. I have a couple of friends who are also at early stages with other cars from the series but I have a little bit of a headstart.

The build has already gone through multiple versions where I have built/deleted and built again each time learning something new. Typically as the BTCC cars have no public blueprint's i'm using the stock car blueprints direct from the manufacturer and then making the relevant changes to BTCC spec (e.g. wider arches/different bumpers). I'll attach many screens as and when I think something exciting and new is ready.

These will be released under the name of Simautosport BTCC Expansion Pack, as slowly I'm trying to stir some life into modding within people I know and to hopefully expand on the great content already available. Also hopefully in the future we will look to expand and get more people involved in the modding process from sounds, textures, physics etc but for now let's keep it simple. So to the screens.

This is my 2nd attempt, following basic tutorials and playing around. The result was a bit basic for my liking so I decided to put that version on hold and start another build as per the second pic.
btccbmw.jpg

This is where I am at now, taking much more time in the shape which of course has a higher polycount but I am using the Civic as a reference model as to how it was built and trying to follow the same lines.
btccbmw2.jpg
btccbmw3.jpg

I'm not sure exactly how i'm going to progress as of yet as to the next step for example get the bmw in game first or start a second car. It all depends how I get on and how lucky i'm feeling. But one thing is clear, rushing this sort of modeling gets bad results so i'm taking much more time and effort into the model.

We are also working on a couple of tracks for the near future, again all learning so not rapid pace in development but it's slowly coming together nicely. We have a dedicated section on our forum to our mods we will be building and will post as much information and hopefully guides on anything we learn to hopefully make it easier for others to pick up the tools and have a go.