[WIP] F1 1991 Ferrari 643 by Speedglenn - Open Wheelers Mods - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

VELOCIPEDE

Fonte.

F1 1991 (F1SR) Ferrari 643 Conversion [sPEEDGLENN/GlennSpeed50/GlennSpeed500]

Hello Its Glenn here - Welcome to my thread.
First of all I would like to say i haven't done this sort of thing for a long time (forums) so i'm just getting back into the swing of things.
I intend to stay fixed on getting the cars From the 1991 F1-S-R Formula 1 season ingame one at a time- and, if we run into bumps along the road i would like to please ask for your help to get through the troubles and back on target and more importantly back upping motivation to keep on.

I only decided to start this thread after being successful with the first car. That has motivated me to want to put the whole darn Paddock into Rfactor 2 as well, with its amazing tire-model its a completely different experience.

To Start -I had chosen to put the 1991 Ferrari 643 from F1-S-Rs MOD team which i previously once were a partof - helping and repacking/ editing sounds. And I can tell you the blood and sweat that went into that mod was unbelievable.
So hats off to them for creating something that im very proud to be moving into the new simulator- and so far i can report the feeling is good from this car in-house so far.
Far Far beyond even the finely tuned settings and the way it was handling on the original Rfactor.

The original physics files i intend to keep and set most things to the way they were setup by Duke Essington.
Exceptions are made where things don't work. And are set to work as close to real as possible until more help arrives.
Things have been patched in and moved where need be but overall the way it is at the moment is definitely usable and very fun to drive. Cockpit counters are missing and mirrors but theres not ALOT of work left to do- only minor things.
In some cases the F1SR 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide PDF file is still applicable for the physics.

The tricky part was getting the original V12 sound samples engineered in the SFX file to be set correctly but so far it has gone well in that department.
The thing sounds absolutely amazing (to me anyway) so far and the car really seems to go where the tires point instead of sliding all over the shot. There is so far for this car a SPEC A set of physics and a SPEC B set. The B set is more combined with ISI's files and was the core key to allowing the car to work properly intially in-game. Set A is all about taking, for the most part accurate settings from the original files to create a file with the best bits in it that aims to be different then just using ISI's files for the physics like alot of other conversions do.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall I think everyone would very much enjoy testing this car.
Now also i want to mark that if anyone from F1-S-R has a problem with any of this (stu and sam and the original modelers please do express your thoughts here and if need be ill stop what im doing but i just want to say my prime intention is to preserve and upscale (2 rF2) your work and not steal or rebadge it. Original names and credits still will apply, all i am is a kind of catylist for F1-S-R 1991 to help it move to the new sim.
More posts to come, stick around.

Also if i can ask someone to please remove my other thread i started here.

Thanks.

jbh5UqC4Kfxers_xs.jpg jFppvPf0WAZMt_xs.jpg jQSGBbDTBwk5b_xs.jpg

Edited by Uff
Immagini caricate su Minus, titolo corretto, aggiunti tag

Immagini caricate su Minus, titolo corretto, aggiunti tag, rimossi link alle immagini sul forum ISI che nessuno può vedere se non registrato.

Mitico Uff :-) come faremmo se non ci fossi tu :-)

TO-DO
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
McLaren Honda MP4-6

Package Files to Version v2.16........ READY

Honda_RA121E_sndV0.8.rfcmp
McLaren_MP46_V2.16.rfcmp

MAS files..................
Honda_RA121E_Snd_V0.8.mas
McLaren_MP46.mas
McLaren_MP46_MAIN.mas
McLaren_MP46_TEAMS.mas

Vehicle GMT Models............................................ .... READY
Vehicle GEN File.............................................. .... READY
Vehicle VEH file Team Car & Driver information.................... READY
Vehicle HDV Configuration..................................... .... READY
Vehicle TBC File(s)........................................... ........ READY -for now
Vehicle Engine Configuration File(s).............................. READY
Suspension PM File.............................................. ..........READY
Cockpit Info for HUD and Display Information................................READY
Camera File.......................................... READY - ol
Driver Helmet(s)......................................... .......................... READY
Driving Mirrors........................................... .........READY -not working right yet
UNIQUE TYRE TGMs.............................................. .....NOT STARTED
Vehicle WAV Files............................................. .... READY
Vehicle Sound SFX File(s) ........................................ READY
Vehicle Upgrades INI File(s)...................................READY -for now
Icons............................................. ....................NOT STARTED

post-2-0-55783600-1366130529_thumb.jpgpost-2-0-05964100-1366130570_thumb.jpg

alot of work to do but I agree with you guys about the wings being too low poly in some areas - and I would love any input you can have as to the wing settings for 3ds MAX. Im using 3d simEd mainly for now but will be using MAX soon to adjust other parts or actually work on the models. Id like to get everything working right and in before i get too ahead of myself working on other things such as extra detail on the models.
It would be great to use the new SHARKFIN section of the gen too one day.
Overall im doing what i can too make them fairly ok - this is rfactor 2 and you can tell the graphics and rendering are a little better so theres alot of work to do. The more positive feeling you can get from the work so far the more motivation and the easier it is to work forward. Its rewarding to see how it works after the changes.
Thanks people, getting there!

post-2-0-38333600-1366446241_thumb.jpgpost-2-0-55496700-1366446250_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...