Shelby Cobra 427 by the_meco & pankykapus​ v1.2 - Page 2 - Road/Sport Cars Mods - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Shelby Cobra 427 by the_meco & pankykapus​ v1.2

Uff

Concedetemelo, ma leggendo il titolo della discussione e ammirando la cura dei particolari,

mi viene spontaneo:" MECO....." :asd:  (si scherza è) 

MECO al quadrato in questo caso. :asd:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uff

• VELOCIPEDE

• 2slow4u

• Ryo9231

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quasi quasi trovo più' definita questa cobra che non quella in fase di rilascio da parte degli isi

• 6 months later...

Ora che l'editor è stato rilasciato, the_meco può finalmente importare l'auto in AC.

I've been playing around with the car editor and I've managed to make a bit of progress. Though I'm hitting a few stumbling blocks. Its all very early WIP.

9EXpsDSl.jpg bdkjDmOl.jpg

Here we are. Defiantly improved car paint. I notice Kunos uses a paint chip effect as well on their car pain which looks real nice. I can't see how it's possible with the basic paint shader currently, unless I'm missing something. I'll have to do more investigating.

55r2nHul.jpg

On the plus side I've figured out how to get it driving around . Down side currently handles like an F1 car :D Now I've got it all working I can focus on materials, polish and car / driver animations. Once that's all done its onto the important physics. Sounds... I'll worry about that hurdle when I get to it. Apparently they are updating the sound engine so that it uses FMod. Kunos are currently editing / reproducing all sounds from scratch. So I think it makes sense to leave sound for now.

5HxIc6rl.jpg

So I made some good progress today. I managed to find cad data for the cobra chassis which I was able to use as a blueprint to model the frame. It should be very accurate. The wheel base is exactly 2286 mm and lines up nicely with the chassis. Now I need to model the suspension. I will be giving it independent rear suspension the same as the original semi competition models. Making progress :)

j86M4Ykl.jpg

Hey, I've been working pretty hard on the cobra for the past few days. Mostly on the physics side of things. Firstly I would like to thank @pankykapus for helping me with them when I get stuck, which as it would seem is quite often... Still, I'm slowly learning and figuring out how all the physics side of things works.

Also some work has been done on the graphical side. Doors now work :Dclear.png I've yet to figure out how to fly into the car, though I suspect this will be covered in later tutorials. Also the tachometer works now, though not correctly. In the guide it mentions an analogue_dials.ini. Though as the file structure is based on the Forumla K there is no analogue dials settings... yet.

On the physics side the car is now nice and powerful, with the correct 4 speed transmission. 4th gear clips nice and early as per standard with the adjustable final gear ratios which were introduced in later models. We adjusted the torque by 22% based on general resistance factors which seems to work nicely, though we have yet to run any speed tests as there are still many incomplete elements still to dial in.

And here are some more up to date screen shots. Again it's all wip :)

n31pFN6s.jpg shJOWb9s.jpg 71kx8Has.jpg QAmzBqJs.jpg