Nazareth Speedway by ethone & Virtua_LM v1.0

Guest Uff

ENCrAl.jpg

So here's Virtua_LM track department's new track: A modern Nazareth Speedway. The real track closed in 2004, this will be a "re-imagined" version of the track if it were to reopen, repaved and be generally rebuilt today. The layout of course stays the same, that's what made me fall in love with the track in the first place! The grandstands obviously are newly constructed, as the real ones have been taken down and re-erected at Wakins Glen years ago.

The track is fairly far along but is still missing some vital pieces, like most of the AIW, some polishing and beta testing.
I've worked on this properly for about two to three months (to hugely varying degrees, depending on free time) while completing my Master's Thesis, after initially only working on it as a side-project for a weekend a month.

And don't worry, after this one it's back to Road America and other, more "proper" Virtua_LM-type tracks. This was born out of personal love for the track and fit in with my schedule better than a "full-blown" huge track of 6km length like Road America.

Last but not least: Here's a screenshot.

PS: Nearly forgot: A quick shout out to JNS Tracks, who produced the rF1 version I loved to race and is (next to our Le Mans) one of the two reasons I still occasionally fire up rF1!

Yz3Xul.jpg

• 1 month later...
v1.00 of Nazareth Speedway is now out. I wrote a bit on what this version is and what it not is on my blog if you're interested. So sum it up: It's how the track might look today if it had not been closed in 2004. The layout itself and the warm up lane are matched to the satellite photography that's available, so it is very much the same old Nazareth, only with more up-to-date trackside facilities (especially new grandstands, the old ones were dismantled and re-erected at Watkins Glen) and safer wall segments mounted around the track.
nazareth_v100_22s.jpg