Novit - rFactor 2 by ISI - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Uff

In questo topic cerchiamo di segnalare volta per volta le novità che gli ISI riportano in merito a bug trovati e possibili migliorie da aspettarsi nelle varie patch.

Comincio con un post di MikeZ che parla dell'IA e del perchè tenda a venirci contro un po' troppo spesso.

hey guys I'm the AI programmer. Thanks for the work and videos... it's helped me uncover a couple bugs. The next update will bring fixes.

Let me tell you a little bit about the bug, so you know what you're looking at. At it's simplest, each AI is trying to follow a path ...a path that often sweeps from one side of the track to the other. They are also trying to avoid any cars on this path....they prioritize the cars around them, and then make adjustments to their chosen path to avoid these cars. BUT their rate of change off their line inside or outside can not be too abrupt...that rate is limited by current grip levels. So in some cases, when the human player is driving a path that is radically different than the one the AI is following (say...if the player is driving straight down the middle through a corner, while the AI sweeps wide out and then all the way back in) the AI knows the player is there, but is unable to move off HIS line fast enough to avoid the player. (that's why it looks like he swerves right into you)

The other main problem I see is brought about by the AI's strong desire to keep on the road...so much so that if human and AI enter a corner side-by-side (AI on the inside) the AI might see his drive-able surface quickly disappearing and swerve into the player's car so as to not be forced off road. (this calculation is oversensitive....which might not make sense until you look at a track like Monaco, where I'd much rather the cars error a couple of inches on track than a couple of inches through a barrier)

I've just made adjustments to both these routines, so I expect you'll see improvements in the next update.

In sostanza, l'AI cerca sempre di seguire una propria linea, linea che spesso varia da un lato all'altro della pista (a seconda delle curve, ovviamente). Se trovano un'auto in tale linea cercano di evitarla adattando la propria traiettoria, ma questo viene fatto entro determinati limiti di grip. Se i piloti dell'AI si ritrovano il giocatore nel bel mezzo di una curva mentre stanno cercando di passare da una traiettoria esterna ad una interna, difficilmente riusciranno ad evitarlo in quanto non avrebbero il grip sufficiente per spostarsi mantenendo il controllo dell'auto.

L'altro problema riguarda i tentativi dell'AI di rimanere in pista: se entriamo in una curva con una vettura AI accanto a noi, questa percepisce di avere sempre meno asfalto disponibile e quindi si sposta verso il giocatore per non finire fuori strada.

Mike ha fatto alcuni aggiustamenti a queste routine, per cui dovrebbero esserci miglioramenti nel prossimo update.