GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH v8.0 by GTR233 and friends
This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v16.04 (update your archiver if it tells you that archive is damaged)
Control integrity of this archive with md5 checksum = A9F981B649764F3B13C17F198F9D1A18
This GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH contains all-in-1 MODS/PATCHES for GTR2 (no options here except language) :
- OFFICIAL SIMBIN update v1.1
- MS Dx9 last update from 2010 package
- NO-CD by RELOADED with 4GB PATCH by Daniel Pistelli : GTR2 is more than 10 years old now and keep on using this old precious DVD of GTR2 in the DVD tray may possibly get it scratched/damaged. Moreover, it is been more than 10 years now that this NO-CD is available at nogrip so I suppose that SIMBIN tolerates its usage (otherwise they would have forced admins/moderators to remove it long time ago). So for both reasons, I decided to include it in order to make a full single patch with 4GB RAM enabled (1.8 GB by default) which helps to load HQ MODS
- GTR2 HQ MODS COLLECTION v8.0 by GTR233 (note that neither ENBseries by B.Vorontsov, nor F360 HQ SOUNDS are included here so download GTR2 HQ MODS COLLECTION if you want them)
- GTR2 New Gfx v1.6 by syhlif32 (patch for Dx9 shaders, see included txt readme)
- GTR2 UI MOD by DucFreak (16/9 - 10th Anniversary edition, see included pdf readme)
Disk space requirement : 1.11 Go
ATTENTION: GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH will overwrite stock files so make a backup first or make a second GTR2 install (recommended) on your hard disk (see install process below)
No online mismatch (stock cars/tracks files are not modified and still available)
Huge update since previous GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH which was based on old GTR2 HQ MODS COLLECTION v1.4 : more than a year of development/bugs fixes !!!
Now based on GTR2 HQ MODS COLLECTION v8.0 which is available here : http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=43930 if you want to see detailed changelog and also to fine tune few mods by choosing different options.
Big thanks to DucFreak who granted me permission to include his wonderful GTR2 UI MOD : I have slightly modified/skinned it for this 10th Anniversary version (note that only 16/9 WIDE version is available so if you prefer 4/3 version then download original DucFreak's GTR2 UI MOD (see link in credits)
Big thanks to syhlif32 for permission to include his New Gfx which fixes a lot of Dx9 shaders
This mod is a non-profit work made for fun and provided as is, without warranty of any kind, use it at your own risk
You are permitted to install and play this mod for private home use only, any commercial or public uses are forbidden
It is forbidden to convert/modify any materials, or use it as part of another mod without written permission
The original source is only available at nogripracing.com
Archive was tested with Kaspersky AV and to be sure that the archive you have downloaded was not modified then compare MD5 checksum with the one available at nogripracing.com
TIP: you can have multiple GTR2 installs on your PC so a new/clean install dedicated to this 10t Anniv. PATCH is highly recommended and no need to backup files in this case : you can skip step 1 and go ahead to step 2.
1) BACKUP (make a 7z/rar/zip archive to save your files)
GTR2\GameData\Talent (make a rar/zip of all folder)
*.aud files (original *.aud files backup is provided)
a) New GTR2 INSTALL highly recommended
b) Copy this full "GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH" in GTR2 directory (search for "GameData" folder on your hard disk if you don't know where it is, then copy and click YES to overwrite all files)
c) OPTIONAL : go to - GTR2 EXTRA LANG - folder, choose your language then copy all files in GTR2 directory (click YES to overwrite all files)
d) Set (right click>properties>compatibility) GTR2.exe + GTR2Config.exe + GTR2Dedicated.exe + GTR2TimeTrialInstaller.exe as WindowsXP compatible and check ADMINISTRATOR rights
e) launch GTR2Config.exe : set your monitor resolution, choose DirectX 9 (DO NOT set AUTO) and DO NOT CHECK AA/vSync options (go to AMD/NVIDIA settings instead)
f) launch GTR2.exe
NB: this GTR2 10th Anniv. Patch, and GTR2 HQ MODS COLLECTION as well, will neither cause online mismatch nor CTD but one day you might install other mods which will.
If Crash-To-Desktop happens then launch GTR2 with "GTR2_debug_mode.bat" to get more info about the CTD.
If online mismatch happens then try first to edit PLR file in GTR2\UserData\USERNAME.PLR with notepad, go to line 529 at "Report Mismatches=" and set it to "0"
NB2: UIAssets.GTR is patched in order to allow skinning of motec lcd, now the FNTCMOTM.BMP used is the one included into every XXXX_CPIT.GTR. Nevertheless, few 3rd party mods have no FNTCMOTM.BMP included or a bad one (many people try to skin it but they forgot the green dots which results in a blank motec lcd with gears only). To fix these kind of mods (FIAGT2008/PCC2007-2009 by example), download Geditor (see link in credits) then open XXXX_CPIT.GTR to include the default FNTCMOTM.BMP provided and save file.
Why would you delete it ? Anyway here is the procedure
- Right click on folder (XP) or go to (Vista/7/8/10) "\GTR2" directory and search for "HQ" then select and delete all files found
- Right click on folder (XP) or go to (Vista/7/8/10) "\Locations" directory and search for "*.DDS" then select and delete all files found
- Right click on folder (XP) or go to (Vista/7/8/10) "\Teams" directory and search for "*.DDS" then select and delete all files found
2) RESTORE YOUR BACKUP
- your skies
- your Talent files
- your menu/legal
- your UIAssets
- your defviews
- your *.aud files or the original ones provided into "--GTR2 AUD BACKUP--" folder