F1 1986 mod

Mauro

18 hours ago, Postipate92 said:

Hello!

sorry i dont speak Italian

Torque peak means theorical peak of torque with max boost (with zero turbo the peak is at 8500rpm) It doesnt mean it was even possible. In dyno sheet of BMW M12 the power doubled from 8500 to 10000 and in BT55 power range was very narrow (worst on grid)

It has one very big single turbo. No twin.

Thank you so much for this car man. That is fantastic after 10 mins of practise. In some way it is more enjoyable than the 312. We need these kind of cars on rF2. We need more analogic cars. :frega_le_mani:
Turbo works very good after a tiny work on setup for gear ranges. The car is good on the track. Feels good also in bad asphalt conditions (like Estoril) and that is really cool. How it "try" to goes away with the rear the front try to follow and floats trying to take the line. Looking at the car on replay seems really a car of the turbo era. Astonishing. 
I have only a little point to discuss. The car had a 7 manual gearbox instead of a 6 manual gearbox. Strange, not reliable at all, but really innovative because it was, in same way, the father of the double clutch gearbox. Can you add a 7 gear optional for this mod please? :) 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lu ManiaK

• oppolo

• Mauro

• styx

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lu, the problem with a 7 gearbox is that nobody has a H shifter with 7 forward position. and I dont think it was a seq stick because there is no led gear indicator in the cockpit

anyway the so narrow power range seems right :91_thumbsup:

https://web.archive.org/web/20100407225223/http://www.weismann.net/brabham.html

"The case housed the very first 7 speed transaxle in F1 to make the most of  the narrow 1000 rev power range"e"r

LLy first 7 speed transaxle in F1 to make the most of  the narrow 1000 rev power range

The case housed tt 7 speed transaxle in F1 to make the most of  the narrow 1000 rev power range

The case housed the very first 7 speed transaxle in F1 to make the most of  the narrow 1000 rev power range

Edited by oppolo

qua non si pettinano mica le bambole! :)

Update 1.1:
- Fixed RPM gauge not showing the right numbers.
- Race engine has now more realistic race pressures
- Default race/quali setups have bit different wing values on default
- Changed drag values slightly
- Quali engine has now less lifetime on it
- Small tweaks to turbo
- I made very basic fire sound when engine is on fire! :)
- Small tweaks to audio
- Other small tweaks

p.s. visto che per me è inconcepibile usare un sim offline, segnalo l'open server con questa mod (verrà aggiornato a breve con l'update 1.1

Server: -F1-1986_BT55-
Fuel usage: Normal
Tyre wear: Normal
Damage: 50%
Auto Clutch on
Practice: 60 min.
Qualify: 10 min.
Race: 10 Laps

Track: Portugal 2009
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=922033988&searchtext=Portugal

LiveRacers:
http://fun2race.liveracers.info/Live/?server=-F1-1986_BT55-

Edited by Mauro

Hi!

Seems like my other account got banned (postipate92), so I write with this. Most likely same problem with this one too soon (wrong language). Feel free to send message at 397 forums or at steam

It's true that it has 7 speed gearbox. I made it 6 speed and less narrow power band because nobody really has 7+reverse shifter, but still tried to get it realistic feeling neverless. BUT! I like the of making other version with 7 speed, so it's good idea. Thanks for that. Didn't even think of that. Most likely it means many people use paddles then.. 

Somebody said earlier that RPM was wrong. That was true. Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't notice that. :) It's fixed now.

thanks oppolo for that link. I havent even seen it before. Very good reading

Edited by RF2 Historic

Clear. With a lot of drivers with Logitech shifter it is impossible to use the 7th gear...but possible for TH8 users (like me). XD

20 hours ago, Lu ManiaK said:

that is really cool. How it "try" to goes away with the rear the front try to follow and floats trying to take the line.

Imo this behaviour is really weird, never seen in any other car, it looks like the man of God in an arcadish game when the car loose the end, a suddenly increase of the grip in the rear tires:13_upside_down:, i even checked if i had some aid on:6_smile:

EDIT:ok now I understood, when the rpm limit begin to work, the car doesnt spin anymore. it s so narrow the useful range that the car begin to spin and suddenly stops to loose the back end:1_grinning:

Edited by oppolo

Più che arcade secondo me qui è da ringraziare a come funziona il turbo. XD
Se si esce dalla curva con il turbo pronto a partire il retro scivola così repentinamente che non si ha tempo di levare il piede dal gas...ma nel mentre, i giri sono schizzati tanto su che vanno a limitatore e il retrotreno riprende grip a valocità folli...però la "scodinzolata" va a riflettersi anche all'anteriore che perde per un momento grip, sottosterza e, senza correzioni, riprende il suo grip in piena traiettoria. Un effetto galleggiamento. E le auto del periodo avevano proprio quel comportamento. Bello. Bello. Bello.

Edited by Lu ManiaK