Licenza ufficiale Indianapolis per Project CARS 2

VELOCIPEDE

Il team Slightly Mad Studios ha appena annunciato per il suo prossimo Project CARS 2 la nuova licenza ufficiale del mitico circuito americano di Indianapolis. Oltre al catino dell'Indiana, arriveranno anche alcune vetture che ne hanno fatto la storia: Ol’ Calhoun, Lotus 38,Chapman-Granatelli STP Pratt & Whitney, Lotus 56.

Non mancano ovviamente alcuni spettacolari screenshots di anteprima.

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway comes to Project CARS 2 with Ol’ Calhoun ridin’ shotgun

This Sunday, a world champion comes to the Indy 500 seeking to add his name to an elite list of world champions who have come to the Brickyard and won it all. Back in 1965, another legend skipped Monaco to come win at the Brickyard, and in Project CARS 2, you’ll be able to recreate both eras with the current crop of Dallara DW12s coming alongside Jim Clark’s Lotus 38, and the classic USAC roadster that robbed Clark of it all—Parnelli Jones’s red-white-and-blue Ol’ Calhoun …

i1.jpg

i2.jpg

i3.jpg

i4.jpg

i5.jpg

i6.jpg

i7.jpg

i8.jpg

i9.jpg

i10.jpg

Dopo averci presentato la licenza del mitico circuito di Indianapolis ed alcune vetture storiche, oggi Slightly Mad Studios, con la collaborazione di un tecnico della scuderia Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, ci svela tutti i segreti della Dallara DW12 Indycar presente nel prossimo Project CARS 2. Come al solito, accompagnano una manciata di spettacolari screens.

Kenny Krajnik, IndyCar Assistant Race Engineer for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, talks IndyCars in Project CARS 2

With the IndyCar Dallara DW12 coming to Project CARS 2, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports’ assistant race engineer Kenny Krajnik found time during prep’ for the Indy 500 to talk all-things Indy, and how his team, who started last year’s race at the Brickyard on pole, assisted in the development of the in-game Dallara DW12 …

Q: In terms of the simulation itself: presumably there are two aspects to this. The first is the driver, and the second is what you, as an engineer, is getting out of the simulation. Are you looking at the interaction between the driver and the simulation, or are you actually looking at it purely from an engineering perspective?

Kenny Krajnik: I would say both. We have a lot of different simulation tools available to us, and one of those is the driver-in-the-loop simulation—very similar to a computer game, but one where the driver sits in a moving platform that can represent g-loading and so on. In that case, we can apply setup changes to the model, and the driver will go do a few laps and give us his comments on those changes. We can use that to correlate our simulation models, as well as consider potential setup changes that could be useful in the future. 

in1.jpg

in2.jpg

in3.jpg

in4.jpg

in5.jpg

in6.jpg

in7.jpg

in8.jpg

in9.jpg

The 100 Days of May: James Hinchcliffe talks Indy 500 and IndyCars in Project CARS 2

James Hinchcliffe’s Indy 500 history reads like a Boy’s-Own adventure story. In less than one year, he went from almost losing his life at the Brickyard to coming back to claim pole position for the 100th running of the Indy 500. Hinchcliffe also moonlighted as one of the drivers who tested the Project CARS 2 IndyCars in-game, and was kind enough to take off from his arduous “100 days of May”  schedule to give some insight into what makes the race at the Brickyard the “Greatest Spectacle in Racing”, and what drivers can look forward to as IndyCars come to Project CARS 2 with all the teams, all the drivers, and all the cars from the 2016 season ...