rF2: vinci 1 milione di dollari con la Formula E

VELOCIPEDE

Oserei dire un po tutto scandaloso, a partire dai  server per niente stabili, dal mod di auto e piste che sembra quello dei giochini SEGA delle sale giochi, per non parlare del sistema di Login che crashava 9 volte su 10 in continuo aggiornamento con account Steam, felice per chi è riuscito a girarci, oggi dopo l'ennesimo tentativo dopo tre login entro in pista e nonostante i 50 di ping e 150 fps il tutto impossibile da guidare causa mega scatti a di poco pauroso!

Ma parli della Finale tramessa live su youtube ?perchè anche io ho notato dei lag pazzeschi.....altro cosa che mi ha lasciato perplesso e che auto senza alettoni persi in contatti continuassero a girare quasi senza problemi.Complimenti a David Greco .

No, io parlavo proprio del gioco, ho partecipato alle selezioni ma era un disastro su tutti i fronti!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VELOCIPEDE

• jakobdylan

• miky731

• stef176

Code master makes it to Vegas
“In a real car you drive with all your body, in a simulator, even if you have all the motion platform stuff, to be fast you only drive with your eyes. In your eyes, you need all the five senses.”
These are the thoughts of David Greco, one of the four sim racers to have already secured a place in the million-dollar Visa Vegas eRace through his results in Cloud Sport’s Road to Vegas Challenge. Greco is uniquely qualified to discuss this, because not only has he been one of the top sim racers of the past 15 years, he’s also raced karts and cars at an international level in Brazil, the US and Italy, but for a day job he works at Codemasters, where he’s part of the team that creates the highly-successful Formula 1 console game franchise.

“I closely work with the physics coder and I tune the cars, I do the handling of the cars,” he says. “It’s more like a virtual test driver/engineer because I need to also know the data that I put in and make sure that they work as they are supposed to work.”
Although Greco is part of the F1 project, his Italian heritage has also been used in one of their other titles… “In Dirt: Rally I gave the voice to the Italian co-driver, and it was quite funny because when my dad played it he was turning around thinking that it was me talking!”

Like all aspiring racing drivers, Greco started off karting, which he did in Brazil as a teenager starting in 1999. He made the move to single-seaters, initial in Brazil in Formula Ford 1800, before moving to the States, where he took part in the Skip Barber Racing School. But as is the case for so many young drivers, a shortage of funds brought his on-track dreams to a close. The nascent days of sim racing, gave him an opportunity to fulfill his passion for driving, however.

“I started with offline races that you had to upload the results in the early 2000s and before that Grand Prix Legends in the late 1990s,” he recalls. “The first online race was with rFactor with one of the demo cars they had, it was a fantasy car. I remember I was right away on the pace with the best drivers in the world, I was already topping the world records and the leaderboards, I’ve always been there in the sport.”

But while he’s been at the top of his game, the world of sim racing has never had anything like the Visa Vegas ePrix before. Just by qualifying, Greco has assured himself of a minimum of $20,000 in prize money, comfortably more than he would usually make in a season of sim racing ordinarily.
“In my life I’ve never made that much money in sim racing, to do it in one event is amazing! And you know the fact that you get $20,000 really takes the pressure off. It’s something for example at the beginning of the year I wasn’t expecting so I was like ‘wow, beautiful’ it’s like a bonus! But obviously I want to do well, so my aim is always to be top five, when I’m top five of something I know I’ve done well, and when I see I’m in the top five I can push even more and be in the top three and who knows?”

To scoop the top prize of $200,000, Greco will not only have to beat the 20 Formula E drivers, but nine of the other top sim racers. He believes that it will be the sim racers who offer up the stiffest competition for the top prize.
“I honestly think that if there are no crashes and stuff, probably the 10 sim racers will be the top 10,” he reckons. “I’ve met a few drivers like Stoffel Vandoorne – he did a race for my team and he won it! – so I know him and he’s able to be fast in real life and in sim racing, so I don’t know if the Formula E drivers can make this switch, but if they can see this difference they can fight with us, if they cannot, they will be slower than us.

“I know more or less all of the guys who signed up for the tournament and obviously I know more or less all of the guys at the Redline team. And I knew they were going to be the main competitors so that’s no surprise how competitive they are. We are all very competitive, some people are even spending £5000 on equipment, it’s crazy. In the beginning it wasn’t so competitive, but in the last five years it has grown up a lot and it’s super competitive.”
On Sunday, December 4, the remaining six qualifiers from the Road to Vegas Challenge will be confirmed and the line-up for the Visa Vegas eRace, which takes place at CES in Las Vegas on January 7 will be complete.

You can see how the final battle for a guaranteed $20,000 plays out here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaPiHbF2FkqfpreJLTXHRIw

fonte FIA Formula E

The 10 sim racers who have qualified for the Visa Vegas eRace will each represent one of the official FIA Formula E Championship teams in the million-dollar eSports event, which takes place at CES in Las Vegas on January 7.

Following a lottery draw, the world-class sim racers were each assigned a team. Graham Carroll, who ended the Road to Vegas Challenge organised by Cloud Sport at the top of the points standings, is representing DS Virgin Racing, while Greger Huttu - the most successful sim racer of all-time - has been paired with Panasonic Jaguar Racing.

Alejandro Agag, Founder & CEO of Formula E, said: “I’d like to officially welcome the sim racers who qualified through the Road to Vegas Challenge to participate in the inaugural Visa Vegas eRace. I’ve been following the progress of the sim racers throughout the qualification process, and I can’t wait to see them on the same track as the rest of the Formula E grid. Accessibility and fan engagement are two of the key cornerstones of Formula E, and what better way to promote this than getting the world’s best sim racers to compete in the same colours as their Formula E counterparts - it will be fascinating to see who comes out on top!”

Visa Vegas eRace - Official entry list

No.        Name                                                    Team

2          Sam Bird (GBR)                           DS Virgin Racing

3          Nelson Piquet Jr. (BRA)              NextEV NIO

4          Stephane Sarrazin (FRA)            Venturi Formula E

5          Maro Engel (DEU)                        Venturi Formula E

6          Loic Duval (FRA)                          Faraday Future Dragon Racing

7          Jerome D’Ambrosio (BEL)             Faraday Future Dragon Racing

8          Nico Prost (FRA)                          Renault e.dams

9          Sebastien Buemi (CHE)                Renault e.dams

11         Lucas di Grassi (BRA)                  ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport

18         Greger Huttu (FIN)                      Panasonic Jaguar Racing

19         Felix Rosenqvist (SWE)               Mahindra Racing

20         Mitch Evans (NZL)                       Panasonic Jaguar Racing

23         Nick Heidfeld (DEU)                    Mahindra Racing

25         Jean-Eric Vergne (FRA)              TECHEETAH

26         Aleksi Uusi-Jaakkola (FIN)         Andretti Formula E

27         Robin Frijns (NED)                      Andretti Formula E

28         Antonio Felix da Costa (PRT)     Andretti Formula E

29         Olli Pahkala (FIN)                      Mahindra Racing

33         Ma Qing Hua (CHN)                    TECHEETAH

37         Jose Maria Lopez (ARG)             DS Virgin Racing

38         Enzo Bonito (ITA)                      TECHEETAH

42         David Greco (ITA)                      Renault e.dams

44         Graham Carroll (GBR)                DS Virgin Racing

47         Adam Carroll (GBR)                   Panasonic Jaguar Racing

55         Aleksi Elomaa (FIN)                  Venturi Formula E

66         Daniel Abt (DEU)                       ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport

67         Bono Huis (NED)                       Faraday Future Dragon Racing

68         Petar Brljak (CRO)                    NextEV NIO

77         Patrik Holzmann (DEU)            ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport

88         Oliver Turvey (GBR)                 NextEV NIO

---

Position                         Prize breakdown (USD)

1                                              200,000

2                                              100,000

3                                              50,000

4                                              42,500

5                                              35,000

6                                              32,500

7                                              30,000

8                                              27,500

9                                              25,000

10                                             22,500

11-30                                        20,000

Pole position                               25,000

Fastest lap                                  10,000

Total                                         1,000,000

• 3 weeks later...

Si avvicina sempre di più l'atteso evento della VISA Vegas eRace, che si svolgerà presso il Venetian Hotel di Las Vegas sabato 7 gennaio, con i turni di qualificazione che inizieranno alle 22:25 ora italiana. La gara sarà trasmessa in diretta su Twitch, con un montepremi di un milione di dollari. Vi ricordiamo che sono due i concorrenti italiani che parteciperanno all'evento: Enzo Bonito e David Greco (correte qui a votare per loro!), rispettivamente assegnati al team Techeetah-Renault e alla Renault e.dams (con i numeri 38 e 42). Il finlandese Greger Huttu invece, considerato ancora oggi fra i migliori simdriver al mondo, è stato sorteggiato per affiancare Adam Carroll e Mitch Evans, nel team Jaguar Racing.

Huttu, notoriamente membro in ambito virtuale del Team Redline, che vanta fra i suoi piloti persino Max Verstappen, guiderà una verde Jaguar i-Type numero 18: "Gareggio nei cosiddetti eSports da molti anni - ha detto il finlandese - e ho visto come si sono via via trasformati in una disciplina globale, ma il ‘Road to Vegas Challenge’ della Formula E e l’evento stesso che ci apprestiamo a vivere ha preso tutta un’altra piega. Le manche di qualifica per arrivare alla finale sono state molto intense ed è stato bello vedere l’entusiasmo con il quale i tifosi di Formula E ci hanno sostenuto. La gara di Las Vegas promette di essere davvero qualcosa di molto speciale, con moltissimi spettatori a fare il tifo per noi. Mi sento già parte integrante della squadra e sono orgoglioso di correre con i colori della Panasonic Jaguar Racing".

James Barclay, direttore della scuderia britannica: "La VISA Vegas Race offre l'ennesimo esempio di come la Formula E stia trasformando le corse stesse, rendendole attraenti per una nuova tipologia di appassionati e un numero di fan in costante crescita. Siamo orgogliosi di accogliere Greger nel team per questo evento speciale e ha già dato ad Adam e Mitch qualche consiglio. Si tratta di un'esperienza molto diversa per noi come squadra e siamo impazienti di andare a guardarci dentro. Spero di riuscire a sgattaiolare davanti a un simulatore e di provare ad affrontare un paio di giri alla console mentre nessuno sta guardando...".

This post has been promoted to an article

It's almost time for the $1,000,000 Visa Vegas eRace on January 7 in the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas! The twenty Formula E drivers will rival with ten gamers who qualified for the final in the Road to Vegas. Seated in Playseat Formula E racing simulators they will compete for the biggest eRace prize pot ever, with a $200K prize for the winner!

Watch the race live Saturday 4PM (Vegas time) at the FIA Formula E website!
Who will win? A professional Formula E driver or one of the sim racers? With a completely new track especially for this race, there's not much time to prepare. We are very exited for this final!