rF2: vinci 1 milione di dollari con la Formula E - rFactor 2 by ISI - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

rF2: vinci 1 milione di dollari con la Formula E

VELOCIPEDE

FORMULA E STARS SET FOR $1M VEGAS ESPORTS RACE
The stars of the FIA Formula E Championship, the world’s first fully-electric racing series, will take part in a virtual race in Las Vegas in a bid to win a share of the biggest prize in eSports racing history.

Exactly three years after the Spark-Renault SRT_01E made its public debut in Las Vegas, all 20 Formula E drivers will test their skills on a specially designed track, incorporating the famous Las Vegas Strip, for the opportunity to win a share of $1 million.

The ground-breaking Las Vegas eRace is taking place at The Venetian Hotel as part of the Sports Business Innovation Summit (January 5-7) at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). The competitors will use Playseat gaming rigs running rFactor 2 software, while Cloud Sport will ensure that the competition is correctly regulated, and as realistic as possible.

There will also be the opportunity for 10 fans to take part in the event through the Road to Vegas Challenge. Organised by Cloud Sport, the series of online qualifying races will ultimately lead to 10 gamers having the chance to take on the 20 Formula E drivers in the Las Vegas eRace.

Alejandro Agag, CEO of Formula E, said: “Formula E takes one more giant step in engaging with our fans. Gamers from all over the world will be able to participate in the ‘Road to Vegas Challenge’ and earn themselves the opportunity to race against the Formula E drivers in a unique eRace. All this will take place within CES, the world’s largest technology show, highlighting our commitment to fan engagement through innovation and technology. We believe eSports offers a new level of fan interaction and participation in sport, and we want to be at the forefront of this gaming revolution. Gamers, welcome to Formula E - let’s race!”

For details on how to enter the Road to Vegas Challenge, including full terms and conditions, and a breakdown of the format, visit - http://roadtovegas.cloudsport.club/index.aspx

Click the link to watch the fully-electric Formula E car drive along the Las Vegas Strip

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VELOCIPEDE

• jakobdylan

• miky731

• Lu ManiaK

The FIA FORMULA E CHAMPIONSHIP has shown its commitment to simracing as a method for attracting new fans to car racing. During the 2015/16 season, Formula E gave one fan at each race the amazing experience of playing against their heroes on a virtual version of the championship’s unique street tracks through the eRace. The platform used for these events was RFACTOR 2 and we had fantastic support from PLAYSEAT who provided the cockpits.
Now CLOUD SPORT, licensed by FORMULA E, presents the 'ROAD TO VEGAS'. The most prestigious simracing championship ever held at a world-wide level. With its international field and its 'Open' format, any simracer can take part in this historic event.
As well as receiving the honour of winning this ground-breaking event, the BEST 10 VIRTUAL DRIVERS from all around the world will also have the opportunity of participating against all 20 Formula E drivers in LAS VEGAS (NEVADA - EEUU) in the VEGAS eRACE. This televised event is organised by Formula E and features a ONE MILLION DOLLAR prize pot divided into several prizes.

This post has been promoted to an article

• 4 weeks later...

Earlier this month, Formula E announced a competition which would ultimately have its pros taking on 10 of the world’s fastest virtual drivers in an eRace worth $1 million in cash.

A recent update from the FIA-sanctioned organization now reveals how the total purse will be divvied up amongst participants, and those skilled enough to make the final field can breathe a sigh of relief: all 30 joes and pros will walk away with at least $20,000 in prize money.

The three-month ‘Road to Vegas’ showdown invites gamers the world over to compete for a chance to take on the entire grid of Formula E racers at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on Jan. 7, 2017. Touted by a Formula E media release as the “richest prize fund in motor racing eSports history,” the driver to claim the checkered flag first will be awarded $200,000.

Here is a complete breakdown of the ‘Road to Vegas’ winnings:

• Pole – $25,000
  • Fastest Lap – $10,000
  • 1st – $200,000
  • 2nd – $100,000
  • 3rd – $50,000
  • 4th – $42,500
  • 5th – $35,000
  • 6th – $32,500
  • 7th – $30,000
  • 8th – $27,500
  • 9th – $25,000
  • 10th – $22,500
  • 11-30th – $20,000

All ‘Road to Vegas’ activities will be hosted on Image Space Incorporated’s PC racing title rFactor 2 and requires entrants to have commercial wheel and pedal setups. Qualifying begins Oct. 7, 2016 and follows the 2015-2016 Formula E schedule, picking up at Long Beach.

For a detailed look at rules and entry requirements, visit roadtovegas.cloudsport.club.

fonte GTPlanet

• 1 month later...

Sim racer gets Formula E test

“It’s like Christmas Day, it really is,” says Graham Carroll, beaming from ear-to-ear after stepping out of the FIA Formula E Championship test car. 

The lanky Scot had just driven three laps of the Circuit Moulay El Hassan in the all-electric single seater, capping a truly memorable trip that he genuinely had no idea was even a vague possibility when he signed to up compete in the Road to Vegas Challenge.

“Even if I’d just been given a pass to come and watch the race I would have been over the moon,” he admits, but thanks to Visa his experience certainly surpassed that!

_sbb6476.jpg?width=0&height=0_x0w4963.jpg?width=500&height=209.513435

Carroll was given the opportunity to drive the Spark SRT_01E after winning the Long Beach round of the Road to Vegas Challenge, the Cloud Sport-run competition to find the 10 sim racers who will challenge the 20 Formula E drivers in the million-dollar Vegas eRace.

The 26-year-old Edinburgh-based sim expert is no bedroom racer. In fact, was a handy real world driver – winning the Scottish Formula Ford Championship in 2007 and then clutch of national titles the following season. But with the next rung of the ladder requiring a budget of £100k+ it was simply beyond his means. But the love of racing persisted and sim racing offered a competitive – and cost effective – alternative.

d2x_5586.jpg?width=500&height=333.333333

But don’t think these are just glorified computer games. The world of sim racing is every bit as competitive as its real-world cousin, with the drivers having commercial sponsorship and teams spending hours honing the ultimate set-up, not just of the car, but of the peripherals like the pedals and steering wheel too.

“Some of the guys I am racing against are the best sim racers in the world,” he reveals. “Some are 30-40 years old and have been doing it for 20 years, using games that were about before I was born! I’m not here to get beat by these guys. I just need a bit more knowledge about the simulator itself and the computers and so on. Because those guys are sponsored by the wheel manufacturers and so on, so the company tells them the perfect settings to use. We’re not at a disadvantage, we can test all these things, but we’re up against some stiff competition.

The Road to Vegas Challenge using rFactor software, but there are a variety of sim racing title like iRacing and Assetto Corsa where whole communities of ultra-competitive drivers compete on a regular basis. Equipment doesn’t come cheap, with wheels costing upwards of £1000, which anything less than a top-spec PC is going to leave you floundering.

Such has been the attention to detail Graham has spent on sim racing, he even credits it with allowing him to make a winning return to the track, when he took a great victory in the prestigious Walter Hayes Trophy in 2015.

“When I came back and won the Walter Hayes Trophy last year after been absent since 2008, I would never have won it without iRacing, I can say that 100 per cent. If I didn’t use that and changing the set-up and feeling what it’s doing and keeping my mind on track, I would never have won, so it’s a massive thing.”

A good result in this weekend’s Berlin round of the Road to Vegas will mean that Carroll is assured of a place in the Vegas eRace – and guaranteed a minimum of $20,000 in prize money, not that he’s even remotely settling for that.

“I want to go there not to think about winning $20,000, but $200,000,” he says, referring to the prize for winning outright. “I know some guys out there are really good on set-up work and bits and bobs in that department and maybe try to do some work with them. There’s a guy I know in Germany who I want to spend a couple of days testing with and if we can work on the set up and tweak the dampers and really just prepare like crazy for Vegas.

“If we can have a good qualification this weekend. I go into London with no pressure, all I want to do is win that and keep the momentum up. Every track is different, so we’ll probably find some new stuff in the set-up that works there. So when we get to Vegas we’ll have data from Long Beach, Paris, Berlin and London, so four set-ups and maybe we’ll just combine these together to create something. There are just so many things you can do, that’s really the thing, just keep going where we are going and full steam ahead. The opportunities that could come from it are just crazy.”

Such is the level of the sim racers taking part in the Road to Vegas, there is the very real possibility that they will sweep all of the top 10 places. Carroll offers a glimpse as to why this is likely to be the case. 

“I get up at nine in the morning and dodge about until 12 and from then I can be on it until six, eight or sometimes 10 at night,” he states. “It can vary, it’s not every single day. It’s until I feel happy and confident.”

So after spending all this time in the sim, how did it feel when he swapped the triple-screen set-up at home and donned a crash helmet and drove the car for real? 

“Obviously it had five gears, which was the same as on the simulator,” he says. “The biggest thing was the brakes. I spoke to Dario Franchitti last weekend at Silverstone and the first thing he told was that the carbon brakes take a while to heat up and you need to have all the regain settings just right.  

“When I was in car I wasn’t even driving at 40 per cent, because it’s not worth crashing and making me look like an arse. And if I do well and I bring it home and there’s no damage and everyone’s happy maybe I’ll get another shot. To really feel the differences, I’d love to go to Silverstone or somewhere and get a couple of the guys to do a few laps and see how far I was off them because it’s like a big go kart, there’s left and right and go and stop. I know it gets harder the more you climb the ladder, but I’d love to know how far I was off in a real test against these guys.”

But now Graham needs to put memories of testing the car to the back of his mind and focus on ensuring that he qualifies for the Vegas eRace this weekend. You can see him in action through the live streaming of the heats and finals, which is available on Cloud Sport’s YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaPiHbF2FkqfpreJLTXHRIw 

For more information about the Road to Vegas Challenge, click here: http://roadtovegas.cloudsport.club/index.aspx

Dopo la finale di Berlino disputata domenica scorsa, valida come gara di qualificazione del torneo virtuale Formula E che si corre con rFactor 2, grazie al vantaggio in classifica generale, sono già 4 i piloti qualificati per la finalissima "Road to Vegas" che si disputerà dal vivo in rete lan il 7 Gennaio a Las Vegas: Olli Pahkala, Graham Carroll, Greger Huttu ed anche la nostra vecchia conoscenza David Greco! I 4 si sono già assicurati quindi il premio minimo di ben $20,000...

Four sim racers qualify for Vegas eRace
Four of 10 the sim racers who will compete against the 20 Formula E drivers in the Vegas eRace, have been confirmed following the latest round of the Road to Vegas Challenge.
After the Berlin qualifier, Olli Pahkala, Graham Carroll, Greger Huttu and David Greco have now amassed sufficient points to assure themselves of a place in the Vegas eSports event on January 7 and a minimum of $20,000 in prize money.
Finnish sim racing star Pahkala was a comfortable winner in Berlin, while Carroll – winner of the opening round and who had the chance to test the real Formula E car in Marrakesh – was second. Huttu, victor in round two secured his place with a top-five finish, while Greco’s consistency has earned him a place in Vegas.
The remaining six places will be determined at the London round of the Road to Vegas Challenge, which is organised by Cloud Sport, and takes place on December 4. Live streaming on the event can be found on the Cloud Sport YouTube channel.
To watch highlights of the Berlin Road to Vegas Challenge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM0xt8r7eMI&feature=youtu.be

What is the Road to Vegas Challenge?
The Road to Vegas Challenge is a ground-breaking eSports event that anyone can enter. Once registered, drivers get to practice around the virtual version of the Formula E track, before entering a formal qualification process. The 20 fastest drivers then get to compete in a race, where points are awards in the same 25-18-15… system as used by the FIA Formula E Championship.
After the completion of the four qualification races, the 10 drivers with the most points receive an entry into Formula E’s Vegas eRace. This virtual race around a bespoke Las Vegas street race is taking place at CES in Vegas on January 7 and features all 20 Formula E drivers as well as the 10 Road to Vegas qualifiers.
There’s a million-dollar prize pot, with the winner taking home $200,000. Second place will earn a cool $100k, with third bagging $50,000. The driver setting the first-ever pole position around the bespoke Las Vegas virtual street track will take away $25,000, while the fastest lap of the 50-minute race is worth an additional $10k.
The prizes aren’t just open to the 20 Formula E drivers who will be taking place, the 10 qualifiers from the Cloud Sport-run Road to Vegas championship will also be eligible, and with places 11-30 rewarded with $20,000 each, there are literally thousands of good reasons to get involved.
To learn more about the Road To Vegas and to register now, click here http://roadtovegas.cloudsport.club/index.aspx

Full breakdown of prize pot:

•  1st $200,000
  •  2nd $100,000
  •  3rd $50,000
  •  4th $42,500
  •  5th $35,000
  •  6th $32,500
  •  7th $30,000
  •  8th $27,500
  •  9th $25,000
  •  10th $22,500
  •  11-30th $20,000
  •  Pole: $25,000
  •  Fastest lap: $10,000

Domenica scorsa, nella finale online di Berlino, valida per il torneo simracing "Road to Vegas Challenge" di Formula E, disputata con rFactor 2, il nostro "vecchio" amico David Greco, terzo sul traguardo, ha meritatamente e matematicamente conquistato, insieme ad altri 3 simdriver - fra cui l'alieno Greger Huttu - l'accesso alla finalissima della manifestazione che si svolgerà dal vivo il 7 Gennaio proprio a Las Vegas. Dopo un risultato cosi straordinario, ho pensato di fare una bella chiacchierata a 360° con David... Correte qui per l'intervista ed a questo link del forum per commenti e domande.

Oserei dire un po tutto scandaloso, a partire dai  server per niente stabili, dal mod di auto e piste che sembra quello dei giochini SEGA delle sale giochi, per non parlare del sistema di Login che crashava 9 volte su 10 in continuo aggiornamento con account Steam, felice per chi è riuscito a girarci, oggi dopo l'ennesimo tentativo dopo tre login entro in pista e nonostante i 50 di ping e 150 fps il tutto impossibile da guidare causa mega scatti a di poco pauroso!

Oserei dire un po tutto scandaloso, a partire dai  server per niente stabili, dal mod di auto e piste che sembra quello dei giochini SEGA delle sale giochi, per non parlare del sistema di Login che crashava 9 volte su 10 in continuo aggiornamento con account Steam, felice per chi è riuscito a girarci, oggi dopo l'ennesimo tentativo dopo tre login entro in pista e nonostante i 50 di ping e 150 fps il tutto impossibile da guidare causa mega scatti a di poco pauroso!

Ma parli della Finale tramessa live su youtube ?perchè anche io ho notato dei lag pazzeschi.....altro cosa che mi ha lasciato perplesso e che auto senza alettoni persi in contatti continuassero a girare quasi senza problemi.Complimenti a David Greco .

Edited by jakobdylan