Chiudono i subforum "mods" di Assetto Corsa - Assetto Corsa - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Chiudono i subforum "mods" di Assetto Corsa

VELOCIPEDE

Il topic dell'annuncio qui http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/modding-section-subforums-terms-of-use.33407/

The main purposes of the Assetto Corsa official support forum are helping users to solve issues with the game and give them the proper way to report bugs or suggestions to the developers. Thanks to the big success of Assetto Corsa, many users joined here, even just to talk about the game. Day after day, the forum turned in a community and we opened a new "Chit-Chat" room in order to have a place where to discuss about Assetto Corsa and other games, sometimes closing an eye on the off topics.

The big step happened with the creation of the modding section. Nowadays it is a place where to discuss about creating contents and apps for Assetto Corsa. We love the creativity and high quality achieved by some modders. However, the same section was targeted by some users that, careless of our rules and ethics, advertise contents ripped from other copyrighted software, making conversion without any authorization by the original creator and basically without any respect towards those modders that make their work from scratch. This has led to interminable discussions on the subforums resulting in a huge loss of time for the devs, moderators and those users that are very active in our community.

Due of this state of things, we as Kunos Simulazioni decided to close indefinitely the "3d Models", "Tracks" and "Liveries" subforums of the modding section. We are sorry about that, but at the same time we know that there are many well known communities out there where modders can continue to share their work, while we can focus better on real issues. We see the modding section as a place where to discuss about "HOW TO modding" and not a download section, it is not its purpose.

That said, releasing a track, car or liveries is no more possible on our forum. Users can discuss about cars, tracks and everything else modding related in the general modding subforum. Links to external sites of which there is even just the suspicion of "not legit content" will be removed without any warning and proper measures will be taken. We will be very strict about this.

Thanks for understanding.
The Kunos Simulazioni team

Ulteriori spiegazioni da parte di Stefano Casillo

The situation is very unfortunate and we are to blame to let this go for too long without anybody taking actions. Sadly these action are going to upset somebody and we'll all have to live with it.

There was a basic misunderstanding about the role and the meaning of the "3D Models" and "Tracks" subsection of the modding forum were. This is mainly a support forum and not a community forum. It is supposed to be a place where people interested in either fixing a problem with AC, or doing something with AC come to find information.
Sadly those forums turned into showcases of stuff instead of places to ask questions regarding mods, it was simply not the intended use of a tool tshat we wanted to offer.
In the future we'll either re open those forums or open new ones with the clear intent of offering support to those with questions regarding modding and not as a artist showcase.

I understand the decision will make some people unhappy, and I am totally fine letting you vent your disappointment in this thread (as long you are able to keep it civilized)... but I am pretty sure your lives will be fine just as they were fine before AC came out. People wanting to showcase their works will have to find another place on the internet, luckily, there are very good candidates available... I am confident the new support forum for modding will remain a great reference for those looking to create content or AC.
I apologize for the abrupt decision, but it was one of those things that it was going to hurt more the more it was going to be allowed to go on, this is a learning process for us and we're always trying to do what we think is the best for the project.
Tutorials and relevant info threads WILL NOT BE DELETED.. that is the ENTIRE point of having those forums.

Sono contento che faranno pulizia, ma ovviamente nel web ci sono altri portali che pubblicano mod convertite oppure fatte a caso senza avere nessun dato tecnico in mano e nessuna esperienza di modello fisico. Alla fine i fessi sono quelli che li vanno a scaricare solo per il semplice gusto di vedere all'interno del gioco 500 auto

Condivido appieno anche perche sono veramente rare le auto mod fatte veramente bene ;) e cmq è un mio parere personale.

condivido la scelta, la qualità dei contenuti è fondamentale, inutile avere giga di ciarpame

• 2 weeks later...

hanno fatto bene, se ci sono i deficenti che pubblicano contenuti non autorizzati rischiano di danneggiare i kunos stessi, io ho molte piste non autorizzate, ma non vado in giro a linkarle, perche appunto illegali... per non parlare poi della qualità delle mod auto, tolte le urd, la mx5, la 787 e qualche altra, è tutta munnezza, gia ne avevo troppa di munnezza su rf1, qua no pliz

Se facciamo un discorso di  legalità e autorizzazioni tutti i mod compresi quelli degli URD sono illegali ...mi trovi d'accordo con la decisone dei kunos meglio non avere questo tipo di materaile sul sito ufficiale troppa visibilità, tanto c'è ne sono una miriade dove si possono trovare mod di terze parti.

e perche dovrebbero essere illegali? non usanpo ne il logo ne il nome della casa vera, e il modello è diverso in almeno 3 parti come prevede la legge

e perche dovrebbero essere illegali? non usanpo ne il logo ne il nome della casa vera, e il modello è diverso in almeno 3 parti come prevede la legge

Vada per  i loghi  tarocchi, ma vuoi dirmi che il modello 3d delle auto non è una riproduzione esatta di quelli reali e che tre singoli componenti diversi fanno si che sia legale ?

si, finche le fai gratis è un conto, ma se le metti a pagamento e sbagli, ti fanno il **** e gli urd sono stati attenti

Edited by Lucio Distilleri