Porsche Alzen 996 Biturbo

VELOCIPEDE

v2.9 http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/alzen-porsche-996-biturbo-turbinchen.10890/update?update=23176

Been some time. This patch brings the cars up to spec for the current patch. Lot's of small updates and patches everywhere. Very little work on the 3D model of them tho. Try it out :)

Changelog:
V2.9
26.12.16 - 16.01.2017
- numerous shader and texture updates/fixes
- new blur texture for rims
- fixed EMPTY_CURVE error produced by tyres.ini
- re-evaluated inertia
- adjusted fuel consumption
- Better positioning of LCD instruments
- UI updates
- applied all changes from AWD to RWD/2003 car and both LODs

*Please do not upload this archive to any other hoster or website without permission*

I think I can dare to do this. Please give constructive feedback about every flaw you find, best with a screenshot, and tell me what I can do better, how I can do it better if you know how to do it better.

Last changes:

• 8.05.2015:
  • Reworked/new mesh for underbody
  • New custom soundbank
  • Adjusted stuff like LODs etc

• 1.04.2015:
  • Several texture/shader changes and optimizations
  • Additions to mesh ( Interior, wiper stalks, steering column)
  • First try at "LODing"
  • Early version of a custom soundbank courtsey of @@Fonsecker. Yes we know the turbo sounds like a party whistle, will change
  • This time font files are included, so working instruments for everyone (still don't know were I got the font from originally)
  • Full setup options. Range of all sliders still up for debate
  • Adjusted physics, including newly calculated engine power resulting in -gasp- less power. Tires still smoke, nothing I can change apparently.

Known flaws:

• Tires smoke at standstill if torque distribution is set to anything else than 50/50 -> known bug in AC, happens even to the Alfa, can't fix it for now
  • Sound is from RUF Yellowbird for now
  • Interior is not very detailed, indicator stalks are missing etc
  • Shaders are not great
  • Two early skins included (thx to Brownninja97)
  • No animation except steering wheel (so no shifter movement, no doors, no wiper)
  • Not very easy to drive (then again, nor was the original car)
  • Stock suspension setup is still under development. Feel free to play around with the suspension.ini and tell me if you made it better!
  • No "real" setup.ini for now. Will come, but be pretty limited due to the real car being limited aswell.

This is my first ever model and first ever mod in like 10 years for a game. I learned while going along with it, so be easy on me, I'm neither meco nor pankypus clear.png

August 2014:
That's what I'm working on at the moment. A car rather well known for anyone fascinated with the Nürburgring Nordschleife and its VLN racing series (and 24h race).

Alzen Motorsport 996 Biturbo, AWD, called "Turbinchen", a rumoured >800 PS before air restrictors were applied. As the car changed constantly from season to season and even race to race I sort of make my own mashup of the last years.

Long story short, I already have some Physics (lots of 996 Cup data on the net luckily, rear suspension improvised as Multilink is not yet supported) and a selfmade soundpack, and the model is very slowly taking shape. I probably know only 10% of Blenders functions yet, but I try my best.
So it will be done when it's done

Physics: 99,5% (AWD in)
Model: ...99,7%? (see above and further in the thread)
Sound: 50% (done by Fonsecker)
Textures: 98% (diffuse, normalmaps, detailmaps, Shaders)

fonte AC forum

CqW4BaE.jpg

spCcibD.jpg

wUykBM3.jpg

• 2 months later...

v2.9 http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/alzen-porsche-996-biturbo-turbinchen.10890/update?update=23176

Been some time. This patch brings the cars up to spec for the current patch. Lot's of small updates and patches everywhere. Very little work on the 3D model of them tho. Try it out :)

Changelog:
V2.9
26.12.16 - 16.01.2017
- numerous shader and texture updates/fixes
- new blur texture for rims
- fixed EMPTY_CURVE error produced by tyres.ini
- re-evaluated inertia
- adjusted fuel consumption
- Better positioning of LCD instruments
- UI updates
- applied all changes from AWD to RWD/2003 car and both LODs