Oculus Rift support - Page 22 - Assetto Corsa - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Oculus Rift support

chromium

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaoZeTung

• VELOCIPEDE

• BoNI

• Lele "NightRider" Albanes

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tozzo86 said:

Ciao a tutti, dopo qualche tempo che avevo lasciato il pc a riposo, ho ripreso in mano assetto corsa e mi è venuta la voglia dell' oculus, qualcuno mi sa dire se con questa configurazione è il visore è fattibile?

i5 4690k

gtx 970 msi gaming 4g

mb z97 msi gaming 5

ram 16gb 1866mh

grazie

Va benissimo.

Be dovrai rinunciare abbastanza, sei al limite con quella configurazione, specialmente sulla scheda video, il resto potrebbe andare ancora bene. Per la scheda ti consiglio dalla 1070 in su per stare tranquillo.

5 hours ago, tozzo86 said:

Cambiando solo scheda, il processore nn mi farà da collo di bottiglia?

Assolutamente no. La cpu va bene sopratutto se, essendo k, la fai salire un po.

5 hours ago, tozzo86 said:

Cambiando solo scheda, il processore nn mi farà da collo di bottiglia?

vedi che hai un serie k adatto all' Overclock puoi portarlo intorno ai 4,4 di frequenza e vai avanti ancora parecchio

occhio non con dissipatore stock devi  montare un buon dissipatore ad aria serie notcua o simili

Chris Kennedy ha pubblicato una utilissima guida completa per configurare e sfruttare al meglio la Virtual Reality con Assetto Corsa, utilizzando sia il visore Oculus Rift che quello Open VR. Come potete leggere anche qui di seguito, la guida è realmente molto completa, con consigli di configurazione tecnica, setup dei menu in game e persino i mods più utili e funzionali per un'esperienza realmente unica ed immersiva. Vi raccomandiamo anche di scaricare i vari files di configurazione specifici per ogni vettura relativi naturalmente alla visuale dall'abitacolo.

Settings
Resolution:
1920x1080 (Only affects the size of the virtual HUD, not the actual game rendering resolution)
Fullscreen Rendering: Enabled (improves performance and means that your mouse is always usable if your screen is higher resolution than set above)
Rendering Mode: Oculus Rift or OpenVR
Crepuscular rays: Off (bugged in VR - see known issues)
Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing: Off (blurry)

Lock onboard camera to Horizon: Experiment to see what you prefer, can affect motion sickness, sense of elevation changes. I recommend RHM as it can give the best of both (see recommended mods section)
G-force effects*: 0.4x, 0.1x, 0.4x
Camera shake at high speed*: 0.2x
Display downshift protection notification: Off (immersion)
*These are down to personal preference. G-force and camera shake may contribute to motion sickness, and require the following parameter to be edited for them to be active in VR:
assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini
ENABLE_CAMERA_SHAKE=1

Pixel Density (PPD, SS)
Improves image quality, very demanding. 1.0 is default, increase in 0.1 increments. 1.4 seems a sweet spot.
Oculus: Set in Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/oculus.ini (or in Content Manager)
OpenVR: Set in OpenVR app in game, where you can also adjust IPD in Vive

ASW/Asynchronous Reprojection
Not a setting as such, but an important consideration, allows the game to be rendered at 45fps instead of 90fps and still feel fluid.
Positive:
  • You can increase graphics settings with the additional GPU headroom
Negative:
  • Will introduce some artifacts but for games like AC they are not too bad.
  • Some users find it less comfortable
In general, it is allowed by default, so if you are not achieving 90fps the game will fall back to 45 and use this technology to provide a smooth experience. I am using it as it allows me to run PP and 1.4 PPD on a GTX 970.
Oculus: Oculus TrayTool lets you define profiles so that you can force ASW on or off per game, I find this useful.

Launcher in Headset
Oculus: The latest beta of Oculus software provides a virtual desktop, however it is still a bit buggy, try Bigscreen Beta. Beware that these will steal VRAM from the game
OpenVR: try SteamVR's Desktop Theater Mode

Audio Device Auto Select
Oculus: Set AUTOSELECT_RIFT_AUDIO_DEVICE=1 in Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/oculus.ini so that audio always goes to the Oculus instead of your windows default
OpenVR: try Audio app in game

Controller bindings

You will probably want to find a method to bind keys to your wheel (e.g. JoyToKey or your wheel drivers), here are some likely to be useful:
Reset View: CTRL+SPACE (or bind ‘Look Left’ and ‘Look Right’ and press them together, however this is a waste of a button)
Hide/Show Apps: CTRL+H (or CTRL+U to cycle through "virtual desktops")

Recommended Mods
Natural Graphics Mod If you run PP On, provides much more believable visuals and saves ~10fps fps over the default filter. If you run PP Off, you should still benefit from the adjusted weather files which should have a more consistent brightness and balance. I see some people using gbW in VR but it was way too contrasty for me in Oculus. I will provide a filter that should go nicely with the gbW weathers next time I update my graphics mod.

Real Head Motion Allows you to have a mix of locked to horizon and car and filter bumps.
My settings keep the car locked to horizon up to 10 degrees of pitch which gives good experience through normal and extreme (monza banking, eau rouge) situations:

RHM.png

Top/Center Flags for VR By default the flags are impossible to notice because they are in the top left corner of your virtual HUD which you never would be looking at.

Real display damage by Luc1gnol0 Much less intrusive than the default UI.

AC - Disable Shadows Patcher Not tested personally but seen several VR users recommend it. Shadows are pretty glitchy in AC VR, and I believe this yields a decent performance improvement. Modifies the game .exe file so use with caution, will be broken by game updates etc.

Other tweaks
Toggle Overlay Learderboard: F9 (when in a race)

.ini Tweaks
The Tweaks below will remove some of the persistent elements and low-importance server messages from your view so that you can have a fully immersive experience. You can display all of this information via apps which you can show/hide while driving.

assettocorsa\system\cfg\messages.ini
SERVER_PLAYER_JOINED=0
SERVER_PLAYER_DISCONNECTED=0
SERVER_KICKED_MSG=0

assettocorsa\system\cfg\session_info.ini
PRATICE_VISIBLE=0
QUALIFY_VISIBLE=0
RACE_VISIBLE=0

Optimised Camera Position for all cars
This is what the files in the download are for. Low importance, just a method of ensuring your view is at a consistent distance to the driver model for all cars. The files included in the download go in: \Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\cars
and simply give the result of having gone through every single car and pressing "Auto-Pos" in the onboard settings app for every car, with some offset applied to move the view backwards and up slightly, hopefully your shoulders will line up much better with these files. More info: AC forum post

Known Issues with Assetto Corsa VR

ASW / Reproiezione asincrona
Non un'impostazione come tale, ma una considerazione importante, consente di riprodurre il gioco a 45 fps anziché a 90 fps e si sente comunque fluido. 
Positivo:

• Puoi aumentare le impostazioni grafiche con il margine addizionale GPU

Negativo:

• Introdurrà alcuni artefatti ma per giochi come AC non sono poi così male.
  • Alcuni utenti lo trovano meno comodo

Io aggiungerei un altro punto negativo perché  aumenta di molto input lag che è deleterio per una guida fluida :pipa:

• 2 months later...

Salve, ho preso ieri l'oculus rift e volevo sapere se valgono le guide qui sopra descritte e soprattutto quella di pagina 1. Inoltre chiede se c'è una sezione per IRACING e tutte le impostazioni a esso correlate.