First impressions

Guest AlexPorta

Guest AlexPorta

After a couple of years of using and modding for rFactor, I finally got around to try nKpro 1.3, and am suitably impressed.

Good things:

1. On the track, immersion is better than rF. Maybe it's a combination of sound/vibration, FOV, and good Force Feedback.

2. Wet weather simulation is excellent.

Things that need improving:

1. no Force Feedback below a certain speed.

2. Rolling resistance is discontinuous. The car will roll forever in neutral,(even on grass), until it gets below a certain speed (appears to be the same speed FF disappears), then slows down properly, and stops abruptly.

3. whatever makes it stop abruptly, also makes the (manual) clutch appear to slip on takeoff.

4. replays seem too fast.

Bear in mind, I've only been using it a few days. I'm sure I'll discover more good/bad things with time.

Edited by AlexPorta

I think you have no ffb at really slow speeds to avoid strange wheel behaviour, like in iRacing where the wheel starts turning by itself :) Points 2 & 3 are both due to the automatic brake, implemented a while ago, to stop people rolling around at race starts (not something I like personally). Not noticed the replays being too fast, you have slow down sometimes I think due to the 30fps cap.