CSR Elite and netkar

Guest PAPA FORD

Guest PAPA FORD

Hi all

First post here, new to netkar and really do not know how I have not tried it before. Anyway popped up my m8s the other day and he showed me it. I must say I was very impressed, came straight home and bought it. As I have been Beta testing the new Fanatec Elite, I have been playing just about every game known to man and this one is right at the top of my list. I put more testing time in playing this game then any other.

I think this game brings the best out of the Elite and vice versa, I have spent many hours running hot laps.

Daz

I think this game brings the best out of the Elite and vice versa, I have spent many hours running hot laps.

Don't tell me that I can't afford one :D I applied to be a beta tester but knew I probably wouldn't be selected, even though I was hoping I would be as that's the only way I could of afforded one (with the 50% discount). Anyway I'm glad your enjoying it, I'll have to ask Santa for one & hope he delivers!

Edited by CAR

Hi all

First post here, new to netkar and really do not know how I have not tried it before. Anyway popped up my m8s the other day and he showed me it. I must say I was very impressed, came straight home and bought it. As I have been Beta testing the new Fanatec Elite, I have been playing just about every game known to man and this one is right at the top of my list. I put more testing time in playing this game then any other.

Daz

Now you need to find some online races (maybe join a friendly league) and have some great racing!

Unlucky, do not give up though. Sign up on the fanatec site for future stuff, second time lucky ?

Wouldn't mind testing the Clubsport wheel :D

Guest PAPA FORD

A few of my friends have it should be able to get some wheel to wheel action soon. Just need to learn the tracks a little, in saying that my m8 brought his drive down and loaded like 50 tracks :-/

Daz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PAPA FORD

There we go, this game got a few mentions in my review. If the mods do not want it here feel free to delete it. Just thought you may like to read it ;)

This will be the first part of my review.

The Elite review

History .... When looking for a multi platform wheel, there is only one place to look... Fanatec. First came the 911s. I had one myself and found it to be a great wheel, a revelation compared to the MS wheel. Then came the GT2. I have one of these also, its a beautiful wheel. Next was the CSR, shortly followed by the high end CSR Elite. The best of the best multi platform wheel bar none. What does the future hold? who knows but can't wait to find out....

First look ..... Opening the box you see a mysterious looking black cloth bag, same sort of thing a Louis Vuitton bag comes wrapped in ( wife has a few ) just keeping you waiting that little bit longer for your first view. Then you get to behold the monster..... coming in at over 11 kilos this is a hefty bit of kit. Looking through the Perspex window in the top there are lots of very sexy looking belts and pulleys. It looked pretty alien to anything I have seen in any wheel I have owned before. What do they do i hear you cry ? Ill tell you....... Getting away from the sexyness for a minute, the Elite comes with very high resolution sensor mounted directly onto the main steering shaft. Mounting this high resolution sensor directly to the main input shaft removes any possibility of mechanical lag. The belt drive is super smooth and silky, giving a really nice weight and resistance to every turn of the wheel. It gives the feeling of real car steering.

Testing with .... GamePOD EVO, three xbox 360s, three screens, overclocked I7 gaming pc.

I will break this down into small bite sized sections.

Let's start with the base, everything about the base screams quality. It's a heavy well built, well engineered beautiful work of art. The Perspex window in the top is a nice touch to me. It's like the see through cover on a ferrari engine cover.

The paddles, nice size and have a nice travel distance and a reassuring snick as you change. ... See auto clutch.

The wheel rim, this is going to be the marmite bit about this wheel. Personally I do not mind the wheel at all, I'm used to the buttons. People seem miffed about having to move their hands but no such complaints about doing the same to push a button box ?

I digress, others are saying the wheel is not to the same quality of the base. This I somewhat agree with but the wheel does not, for me, take away from my enjoyment of the whole package. Could it be better? yes but no matter what's on it. Could always be better. Would it put me off the wheel ? Not for a second, could be wrapped in barbed wire and I would still forgive it as the whole package is just amazing..

Flex... I fail to see any flex in my wheel under normal driving. I have seen the YouTube video showing this but I can also see the amount of force he is using.

Fitting to my rig.... Very easy, uses the same bolt holes as other fanatic products. The Elite Looks very much at home on my GamePOD EVO. All the wires now run out of the back of the wheel, I like this new design. Keeps everything neat and tidy and out of sight.

On to gaming.

I am running the BETA 717 FW

In game..... Pc

Tested with Netkar pro, Iracing, F1 2011, Dirt 3 and GT Legends.

The Elite performed really well with all games tested. The accuracy is mind boggling, the steering is direct, Lag free and fast as lightning. I personally think it's the most impressive aspect of the Elite, closely followed by arm wrenching, shoulder ripping, muscle pumping Force Feed Back. Make no mistake this is a beast of a wheel when it comes to FFB. Very impressive indeed ! I am faster in every game, not only that but just feel more confident.

That is why I may be faster, I know how sharp this wheel is so push a bit harder.

NkP is just so stunningly sharp with the Elite, it's feels like your on rails. You can get a bit carried away and convince yourself you have uber skills. I start getting a god complex

Remember this is multi platform so onto the xbox...

Forza4

All classes of car are a dream to drive with the Elite on your side, even the very fastest are easily tamed. Auto clutch OMG who ever came up with this is a genius ! You can run manual with clutch and with every flick of the paddle the clutch is engaged for a milli second. Giving the user "YOU" a massive speed advantage over someone not using Manual clutch. The steering is direct and smooth, though not as smooth as on the pc but I'm sure this is a FW issue I am using a BETA version. FFB is strong and feedback through the wheel is excellent, you get a good vibration through the wheel as you go over a rumble strip and a very convincing sensation.

Firmware

I run 717 BETA. This removes the dead zone a few degrees off centre, bit of a tease for you all I know as you do not have it ; Muhahaha ! I have included this point because I feel it's important for you to know, it's a fw issue not a mechanical problem.

I am still putting together some video, I will release it when I have tested the Elite to my satisfaction.

I am reluctant to give the Elite marks, it's hard to be objective because I clearly love it. If I were being super picky.... The buttons do not light up like my GT2 I loved that ..... I love the full alcantara of my GT2 ...... That's about it.

This is my honest opinion and no one has influenced me in anyway.

Daz

I think of you all as friends but if zombies chase us I'm tripping you !

Joke ......... Two cannibals were eating a clown, One says to the other, does this taste funny to you?"

He who dies with the most toys wins..

XBL = FCTAFF

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PAPA FORD

I have had a few visits of late, lots of people drawn to trying the Elite lol.

I would be happy for you to have a go m8, even if you are a gunner ;)

Daz