MaiDireSetup becomes NeverSaySetup by MaiDireCamber

BoNI

Guest bokoboko

Yes got it no problem but,

this doesnt solve my prob cause i have lets say 30-40% the fast values my springs are to the lowest and still after kerbs i loose it even with 0 arb.

Maybe the fast values should stay in 30-40 but i want to reach the maximum grip through all track and in kerbs i have problem.

U may say drive more slow and i dont want to do that cause im sure there must be a way.

Also still i dont know how much bump/rebound to put i mean i can put 30...35...39...43%...? (im talking for fast)

The only thing i know is that fast<slow

Again sry for my questions but i want to learn

Edited by bokoboko

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BoNI

what kind of problems you have on the kerbs?! maybe the problem is not from a non-optimal adjustment of the fast dampers, but from something else...

are we talking about Osella?! the values ​​that i have given to you are indicative, probably the height is too low, and every time you take a kerb, the shock go to the ride limit and you lose the control of the car...

try increasing the ride height and change packer value...

EDIT: or try to use the baseline setup in the MDCBox and see if you have the same problem...

Edited by BoNI

Guest bokoboko

Sry didnt mention.I use now the ftarget.Ill do what u say and ill come back with results :)

Thanks

PS:off course now i start everything with MDCbox defaults ;)

Edited by bokoboko

be careful that the FTarget mdcbox baseline is stiff as a plank of wood... :dente: but i should have been quite faithful to the values ​​of the real F3... :wink:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bokoboko

Goodmorning :smile:

Some questions again..

1)I thought that lowering the pressures on tyres result is higher temps(i understand that there are limits),is that true? Whenever i "play" with psi i dont see much diference..i put min-middle-max psi and i dont see much diference in temps...?

2)In diferencial:the more power i use the more oversteer i will be in the exit of turn?

3) Pls explain me a bit more about preload diferencial...i cant get it..i think is the transition from gas to brake and the opposite? but again i cant understand it

Thanks and happy holidays :smile:

Edited by bokoboko

hi, thank you and happy holiday to you too.. :smile:

1 - yes, it is true but the differences are not always so evident. using the pressure, and helped with the camber, to get to have similar temperatures in the inside, center and outside of the tire

2 - ...generally yes.. stupid example: imagine using the drill and tighten the tip in the right way: all the power arrives to the tip = differential power to max. Imagine instead of tightening the tip to 50%, not all the power arrives to the tip of the drill = differential power to 50%... does'nt work like that ( :dente: ), but it should help you to understand approximately how it works.. anyway it may happen that too much power = oversteer...

3 - Indicates the percentage of differential lock during neutral phases, so when you do not accelerate and when you don't brake.. so in most cases acts at the center of the curve. Higher values ​​lead to understeer, oversteer at low values​​. generally the real-life counterparts nkpro cars use low values...

as always, excuse my english... :smile:

Edited by BoNI

Guest bokoboko

More...

I practise in aviano full with ftarget,i have 25 in wings...Anyway my right tyres are very hot..about 105 the rear and 110 the front i think..

I "played" with antirollbars and didnt see much diference..i had them very low i had 105 temps,i puted as much as i could again 105..

Should i consider that i have too much wings so whatever change i make with antirollbars i cant see it cause wings dont let me?

Or is something wrong with my springs?

PS:the idea is that the more low the springs the more grip which means higer temps so a solution would be stifer springs?

Also i saw that if i change the front springs,the roll doesnt change..maybe a bug?

Sry for my english i hope u understand

Edited by bokoboko

if you change one bar the percentage of roll must change... But if you change also the other bar in the same direction, you can have the same percentage as before, but with different siffness...

about the other questions, the best answer comes from the track... :D

• 1 month later...
Guest bokoboko

Here i am again with another question :)

When we brake,then the spring works as fast(bump/rebound) or as slow(same/same) ?

Until now i thought that the slow was working so when i wanted to play with the weight transfer i was changing the slow settings.But i realized that if i change the fast settings also have effect.

I thought maybe when we brake slow the slow settings are working and when i brake hard for example then the fast settings come to play(except that working in bumps/kerbs also).

Am i right?

Edited by bokoboko

hi.. :smile:

in theory during the phases of acceleration / braking / lateral displacements working the "slow", but obviously the shock is always the same and therefore also the fast settings working a minimal...

But be careful to set the% of critical values ​​of fast and slow are in their correct working range, otherwise the risk is not understand anything about how they are working...

as a starting point always keep these values​​:

fast bump: 30%

fast rebound: 40%

slow bump: 50%

slow rebound: 70%

If you set the fast bump at 60, for example, it is obvious that you'll notice the difference during the dynamics phases of the vehicle, but it's as if you had removed the "fast bump" setting that controls the movements on curbs and asphalt bump...

to help you to understand better, in nkpro (If nothing has changed from previous versions) movements under the 130 mm/s are managed by the slow dampers, while upper 130 mm/s ones are managed by the fast dampers..

below Aim suspensions analysis which shows the (+/- correct) working range of the nkpro shock absorbers...

AIM.jpg

i hope i have clarified your doubts... and as always, forgive my english! :smile: