Formula 1 1982 by Luka K & JC Case v0.92

Guest Uff

F1 1982 LE V.0.92

F1 1982 LE V.0.92 Update
-----------------------------------------
CONTENT:

14 Teams which means that 3 new teams have been added.

All cars are using High Rez skins now, and I´ve made/added some other updates to some of the cars too.

Updated physics for both versions of the cars based on the feedback from the V.0.90 - V.0.91 Build 2, 3 and 4.

All lot of minor problems sorted, stuff like some of the Lotus cars was using wrong skins, the Williams logo was missing
and so on.

Updated arms and legs gmt´s which should fix the distorted colors on the drivers suit, arms and legs in all camera views.

Some minor adjustments to the sounds.
------------------------------------------
CHANGES MADE IN SHORT:

The biggest change from the Build 2 are the heavily revised suspension settings on both versions of the cars alongside the possibility to make the cars spring rate and rollbar settings a bit softer too which should let you take corners as the T1-T2 combo at Interlagos for instance at "realistic" speeds without loosing the car. Watch out for the dip in it though..

You will of course have to set the cars up correctly to make it, but it is more then possible to do now.
The cars responds well to setup changes and you set them up pretty much as all other single-seaters so you´ll be able to dial out most things that you want too and adapt them to your likings and driving style with one exception. You can not make their spring settings really soft as that would remove the characteristics of an 1982 F1 car.

Please do have in mind that you are seated very far forwards in these cars. The drivers almost had their knees in line with the front axle, which give you a bit of a different perspective compared to cars in which the drivers are seated more towards the rear of the cars. icon_e_wink.gif
I´ve read a few comments people who thinks that these cars should react to ride height changes as the GP79´s does, in which you run the rear higher than the front to gain more downforce but come 82 they had learned that running the cars as low as possible was the most efficient way to produce downforce on a ground effect car and hence that, they all run their cars with as low ride height as possible which was 6.0 cm in 1982.
jbq6LpDxZia3ZO_xs.jpg jbbSQ0Z5nBeZyw_xs.jpg
NEED TO KNOW STUFF: (In addition to the above mentioned ones):
-------------------
The 3.0L Car:

Its engine can rev to 11 450 rpm now without taking punishment, a raise by 50 rpm.

The number of Radiators available has been reduced to 4.

I had already removed the traction control on this car, but I´ve removed ABS too now.

The Hard tires can withstand a bit more heat now.
Top Speed test at Salt Flats, numbers at the 1 & 2 mile lines, default settings:

293 kph // 296 Kph
---------------------
The 1.5L T Car:

It´s engine is more thirsty than the Build 2 engine and you will have to be a bit careful when you use max boost as the engine will start to overheat if you use it too much, not to mention that its fuel consumption is quite high on max boost.

You should be able to complete a whole 1 hour race with about 150 liters in the car if you use 4 boost for most of the races. But most likely not if you use max boost (5) too extensively. If so you´ll gonna need to start with more fuel in the car or use boost 3 at times or start to use less revs to finish the race.

I have increased its fuel capacity to 240 Liters which means that you can run a full GP too if you want too.
Its engine can rev to 11 320 rpm now without taking punishment, a reduction by 80 rpm.

The number of Radiators available has been reduced to 4.

Traction control and ABS has been removed.

The Hard tires can withstand a bit more heat now.
Top Speed test at Salt Flats, numbers at the 1 & 2 mile lines, default settings:

B3 = 290 Kph // 292 Kph

B4 = 296 Kph // 298 Kph

B5 = 302 Kph // 304 Kph

The 1.5L turbo car will still be the car of choice at real "Turbo-tracks" without a single doubt and it will be faster than the 3.0L on a single lap at most tracks too, but you´ve got to plan your race quite a lot more carefully now, as extensive use of max boost can damage your engine and it will raise your fuel consumption too which means that these two cars should be very close come race.
jszzVgiXVO846_xs.jpg jbcErbc3uoCz2r_xs.jpg
PITMENU:

Changing tires will take about 9s if you call the pit´s before you box.
-------------
BRAKES:

The Front brakes starts to fade at 1101c / 2013.8 F.*

The Rear brakes starts to fade at 801c / 1473.8 F.*

*Losing 50% of their braking power.
----------
TIRES:

All tires have an ideal temp of 80c.

Their lifespan (if you don´t abuse them.):

Hard = ~ 64 minutes
Soft = ~ 30-32 minutes.
Qualy = ~ 2-3 flying laps.

This will of course differ depending on your driving style, fuel loads and which tracks you´re racing on.

You´ll have almost 100 % grip on the Qualy tires until they reach about 30 % wear, after that point the tires will go off fast.
All tires will lose a lot of grip when they go beyond 2 Red dots on the HUD but until you reach 1 Red dot (20%), you´re safe. icon_e_wink.gif
--------------------------
SETUP WINDOW:

The Spring rates are adjustable between 700 Nm - 1200 Nm in stages of 5 instead of the previous 1.

The Rollbars are adjustable between 100Nm - 300Nm.

Brake Pressures are adjustable between 60 - 100 Per cent (%).

You will have to re-adjust your old setups.
--------------------------
TIP OF THE DAY:

1. Do try my RealFeel, Leo´s and PLR settings which is to be found in the F1 1982 Steering Wheel Settings. They work very well and here´s what one member of our test-team (who are using a Logi G27) had to say about them: -I used your settings for RealFeel and PLR and now it really feels how I imagined that it should.

2. You can zoom in/out and move the Spinner cam and be able to see the cars in close up by holding left or right click on your mouse if you change from Miscellaneous="0" to Miscellaneous="1" your PLR file which you open with Notepad.

It is to be found in the [ Game Options ] section, just change the entry to Miscellaneous="1" and press Save.

3. This Update uses a new rFm name so it will create a new cch-file called F1 1982 LE V.0.92.cch in your rFactor\UserData\YourName directory. And if you run out of money and can´t buy the cars, just open that file cch-file with Notepad and edit the money string to: Money= 30000000 and press Save. That will solve the problem.
--------------------
CREDITS:
The new stunning cars and engines has been made by Luka K. and JP Jarier. icon_cool.gif

I´ve just gotten them to work as supposed to In-Game and made them a bit more "FPS-friendly" too. And I´ve done some adjustments to their helmets and made the "makeshift" suits and a couple of the faces for the drivers too.
I would like to say a BIG thanks to Taux, Leo and Louis, who´s very thorough approach to testing have been invaluable to me.
Thanks mates, you roxx! icon_thumright.gif

Please see the attached Credit List for further information.
----------------------
KNOWN ISSUES:

Please see the attached Known Issues list which is to be found in the ReadMe folder for further information.
----------------------
DOWNLOADS:

F1 1982 LE V.0.92 Full Install (506 MB)
Use this download if you not have got the F1 1982 installed previously.

F1 1982 LE V.0.92 Update (385 MB)
Use this download if you already has got the F1 1982 installed.
-----------------------
INSTALLATION:

I´ve installed both the Full Install and then the Update too over a brand new installation of the V.0.90 and to make sure, over the the added Build 2 update too and it works just as it´s supposed to do and it will for you too if you just follow the Installation instructions and use the whole download.

Please see attached ReadMe which is to be found in the ReadMe folder for Installation instructions and further information.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As this Public Beta are a "work in progress", constructive feedback would be much appreciated.

Please contact Luka K. or JC Case for approval BEFORE you use ANY of our unique 3D material, graphics or physics that we have made for this mod. You can reach us through PM´s @ Varjanta, http://www.varjanta.com/

And please only refer to http://www.varjanta.com/ for the downloads, do not put up download mirrors.
--------------
Have fun!

icon_salut.gif
------------
Cheers
/JC
Edited by Uff

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• winters79

• aga04 aka Gufo_Tave

• Lu ManiaK

• gattoshannon

Immaginavo che qualcuno avrebbe avuto (l'ottima) idea di convertire questo mod, sono contento che abbiano iniziato cos

Guest Drake

Secondo voi,questo progetto,puo' arrivare alla conclusione..oppure e' stato iniziato con delle certezze..magari non sanno se riusciranno a finirlo?

• 2 weeks later...

12. JUN UPDATE:

* The F1Seventies crew joined us to make new cockpits and oter graphic work. in exchange we'll help them finish their f1 89 physics.