iRacing: il parere di Alison Hine - iRacing Motorsport Simulations - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

iRacing: il parere di Alison Hine

VELOCIPEDE

Okay. Finally I've stopped racing long enough to put together a compilation of feedback. I'm sorry it took so long, but then...it wasn't my fault! If iRacing wasn't so engaging, I'd have had more spare time to write this. So don't blame me.

The iRacing team has created a masterpiece. iRacing is astonishing. The meticulous detail and mind-bending accuracy of the tracks is stunning, and it's matched by the incredibly realistic behavior and response of the cars.

The magnitude of the achievement of Dave Kaemmer and his team really hit home for me for the first time when I drove the Skippy car at VIR. I was thrilled!

Flicking the car through those high speed esses, hurling it through the fast sweeper at Turn 10, powersliding out of Oak Tree bend, all of it was thrilling! It's hard to believe a simulation can feel this authentic, so amazingly like the real thing.

I've gone back to other sims briefly, as a point of reference, and frankly, iRacing has ruined me for anything else. The previous state of the art, GTR2 and rFactor, seem toylike, cartoonish; even the legendary Grand Prix Legends is nowhere, positively primitive compared to this.

In the months before the beta started, I often wondered if it would be possible for anyone, even Dave Kaemmer, to equal the landmark achievement of GPL, which moved the bar for racing sims so far forward from the state of the art at the time that it took years for anybody else to even get close.

I concluded that it probably was not possible to make such a giant leap; there just wasn't as big a gap between the current state of the art and reality.

I was wrong.

Kaemmer and his team have done it again.

aspetto a giudicare... se il metro di paragone e' gtr2 e rf...

mi tocca comprarlo e proavrlo, eheh ;-)

Guest Ubaldo

rispetto ai due sim che hai nominato siamo molto avanti. Come FF direi che siamo d'avanti anche a Nk pro, ma

rispetto ai due sim che hai nominato siamo molto avanti. Come FF direi che siamo d'avanti anche a Nk pro, ma

Guest AsterX
Interessante.. ma eri btester? Dai, magari ci farai un confronto 1.03 vs iRacing! (Spero presto!, eheh)

Purtroppo qui a forza di sperare ci si consumano i volanti. Quando sar

Guest Ubaldo

:D

Nel senso che la beta finisce l'11, e nel senso che il 15 mi sposto fino a settembre in una zona senza adsl e nel senso che quest'ultimo anno ho corso pochissimo!

Dicesi coincidenza astrale!!! :DDD