Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:45 PM
Since the modding of NFS:Shift is taking off now, I thought it would be good to create some order in the organized chaos and start with a basic how-to guide to get your game ready for modding.
If anything is wrong with the provided info or tools, let me know!
To prepare your game for (easy) modding, you have to unpack all of the .bff archives of the game.
For unpacking, you'll need the following:
- QuickBMS (tool for unpacking)
- QuickBMS script for NFSShift
- game_unpack.bat file for easy unpacking
- game_unpack_v102.bat file for easy unpacking of the game patched to v102
Or you could use the newest QuickBMS provided with the file Shift-Unpack.zip, it will unpack all .bff files automatically based on directory search.
All files are attached.
- Place the 3 files in the root folder of the game where your