Project CARS Setup Database - Project CARS (ex C.A.R.S.) - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Project CARS Setup Database

VELOCIPEDE

Ma bisogna copiarli a mano vero? non si possono scaricare e importare mi pare di capire. sito utile ma peccato per questa pecca (che è più del gioco che del sito ovviamente)

• 1 month later...

il database è stato ulteriormente migliorato (anche graficamente) ed ampliato

http://projectcarssetups.eu/

11659429_507702429377059_852863351656244

"Hello people,

For the last couple of months I have been working hard with Jussi (whose OEM setups many have requested) and my great friend Niklas on building a website to handle setups. Some of you may have heard about it. It's been under wraps. It's been through WMD testing the past couple of weeks to iron out bugs and get a little more meat on it. It has been teased here by some WMD members. It has been leaked once by others before it was ready. Well, I think it is ready now. I'm not done with everything I want to have on it yet and more features are planned and coming, but it is in great shape as it is now and working smoothly. It's time to open it up to the rest of the world.

So, what exactly is it I am giving you here? Well, this is a place for the community to create, store, edit and share setups outside the game (no direct integration currently, sorry). Anyone can browse setups by car or by user, but you need an account to create setups of your own (private or public) and to do all sorts of fancy stuff, such as rate other people's setups, favorite them and follow their creators. We have also built in a reporting tool for you, so you can alert the user and the administration if their setups are bad/wrong - for instance if they have used foul language to describe their setups or have made purposedly silly setups. Trolls will be dealt a ban of increasing longevity depending on amount and gravity of infractions.

While we have spent weeks filling out each choice of each slider and to make things as good and accurate as possible, you guys will probably find faults somewhere with the default setups or with the choices you have available for each option. If not now, then at some point when SMS updates things, something will be out of sync. Fear not - the reporting tool allows you to tell us about any faults you find with the setup creation/editing process as well. Just let us know where there is an incongruence and we will fix it.

Beyond this, there are stats for all brands, cars and setups, rankings for users/contributors and a nice overview over how your setups are doing under your profile. There is also a handy shortcut to go straight to the setups you have made or the ones you have favored. If you wish to use any setup for any car as a baseline to make a new setup from it, you can. If you want to compare any two given setups - or a setup to the ingame default setup - at any point of setup viewing, editing or creation, you can. There is a comparer built in, which will put the two setups side by side and highlight the differences for you. There are also bars underneath each setting that fill out according to which choice you have currently selected, giving you a quick at-a-glance visual of what a setup is like (comparing gives you blue bars underneath the white ones for the setup you are comparing to) and give you a quick indication of where the ingame caret would be on the slider.

Want to increase the visibility and searchability of your setups? Searches are performed on authors, titles, descriptions and tags - give your setup a meaningful (short!) title and a longer description, then mark it up with tags, like #leaderboardTime, #spa, #wheel, #controller. Tags are a great way to describe your setup with searchable keywords and I encourage everyone to use them freely (space and enter keys create a new tag). Want to share your setup on a forum or anywhere else? View the setup in question and share the deep link to it (the url in your browser window). Anyone with a valid link can see a setup, private or otherwise. But, can't someone then see my private setups without me wanting them to? In theory yes, but setup id's are numeric and go up to 10 digits, with no indication of which car or brand they belong to - this is security by obscurity, so good luck guessing it and brute forcing it.

This is all accessible on screen sizes down to 960px (half of a 1080p screen for handy snapping in place in windows). It should be fine on tablets as well, though it has only been tested with an iPad 3 and a Lenovo thing one of us has. Any Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera is welcome. IE10 or above, anything below 10 breaks the site - you have been warned. Mobile not yet supported, but I have plans to get it there in the future.

Some of you might know about a tool that has been going around - Jussi's Calculator. For the uninitiated, this is a very technical spreadsheet with a bunch of maths producing fancy diagrams and spitting out suggestions to damper adjustments and similar as well as giving you meaningful data such as harmonic frequencies and the like. We are porting it to this website and making it available to all (coming soon!). Once implemented it will be available on any and all setups except for karts. View any setup and toggle the calculator to get the same fancy graphs and suggestions/information you would get in the spreadsheet.

No more documents. No more spreadsheets. No more (obscure) screenshots. No more manually writing down your setups on paper to store them - if you want to print out any setup from the website or save a copy locally on disk, you can print freely or save setups as pdf, if you are so inclined.

Questions, suggestions, bug reports are all welcome. The doors are open. Go crazy."

RimanDk, WMD member

http://projectcarssetups.eu/