Race Track Builder by Brendon Pywell - Page 2 - Hardware - Software - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Race Track Builder by Brendon Pywell

VELOCIPEDE

A furor di popolo, RTB è stato approvato su Steam http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=447605480

Thanks for the responses - I've enough beta testers for now.

Release should be within the month! RTB requires DirectX 11. You may need Windows 8 (or later) – stay tuned.
Lately I’ve refined a few of the features, fixed a few bugs, made some structure changes and improved some of the textures, materials and cross-sections.

In the time between now and release I’ll be adding some more textures specific to racetracks, if anyone has created their own great textures and would like to share them in the first RTB release, let me know. The artistic side of me has expanded lately but I can always use some help.

I’ll also be creating and releasing another video showing off the exciting new feature which was recently added. More on that in the days before release (although, hint hint, you have already seen some of the results).

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VELOCIPEDE

• walken

• delpinsky

• malny

Dopo lunga attesa, è finalmente disponibile tramite Steam, al prezzo di 54,99 euro, la prima versione completa del nuovo Race Track Builder: si tratta di un potentissimo editor multifunzioni, allo stesso tempo intuitivo e versatile, per la creazione di circuiti aggiuntivi per i vari simulatori. Il primo software ad essere supportato direttamente è Assetto Corsa, con materiali e shaders specifici, ma tutti gli altri seguiranno a breve.

Whilst googling for racetrack images recently I realised that there were so many great tracks created using Bobs Track Builder by people that might never have been able to create a track without this tool. Some people have made extremely clever use of the tools within BTB to create structures I had never dreamed of. Talented guys could create tracks in BTB with far greater artistic expression that I had hoped for.
So I am really excited to see what the next chapter of track building will bring given that RTB is a huge leap forward in useability and tapping into the realism provided by Google.
Race Track Builder is now available in Steam!!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/388980

Race Track Builder is a software design tool that has a simple, easy to use interface that allows you to build fantasy race tracks or use Google Maps data to create real-life terrain and roads.

Free Upgrades
Additional functions will be added as free upgrades as they are developed. These include many of the more popular BTB items integrated into the new interface.
Objects
String-Objects
Walls (with proper ends ;) )
Intersections
Expansion Packs (Xpacks) including additional textures, materials, objects, cross-sections definitions.
... and a few surprises. ;)

RTB will export to the Autodesk FBX format which can then be loaded into 3d modelling tools for export into games with a little more work. This opens up RTB to more game developers and this in turn will generate more RTB content (XPacks) for people to use across all types of games. In time export direct to game may be added for some titles but initially the focus is on supporting many titles.

The first title with specific support is Assetto Corsa with materials and shaders created to replicate the shading used. The landscape uses Multilayering shading with support for direct modification of the underlying texture. When targeting Assetto Corsa the export prepares the objects ready to be imported into the AC Editor, generating the Configuration file so that materials and textures are applied as they appearred in RTB.

More information ... http://www.racetrackbuilder.com/
Like on Facebook ... https://www.facebook.com/racetrackbuilder

This post has been promoted to an article

I am uploading a video showing the new Texture editing feature that allows me to support Assetto Corsa's Multilayer shader for terrain rendering. It's got about 4.5 hours to go (thanks to Australia's great internet speeds!). Youtube says it will be here eventually - I'm not waiting around, it's after 1:30am already.

First update.

v1.0.0.1
- Updated Help file (yes there was already a minimal help file - press F1 from main window).
- Change to AC material properties no longer trigger unnecessary recalculation.
- FIX: Reloading of updated texture was not always firing after editing in external software.

v1.0.0.2 is out ...
- Allow changing of Multilayer Terrain textures via the Material Edit window.
- Minor change to timing of Google elevation requests.
- Change to FBX mesh names in preparation for better AC editor support.
- FIX: Some changes affecting joined tracks would sometimes not trigger the recalculation of one of the joined tracks.

C'é una recensione su Steam che non invoglia propriamente a comprarlo...poi 59€ per un prodotto che non si può definire nemmeno beta. :thumbsdown:

Per UNA recensione negativa allora non bisogna comprarlo?? Le recensioni negative ci sono per qualsiasi Gioco/Programma/Applicazione...Allora nemmeno assetto corsa andrebbe comprato perchè ha moltissime recensioni negative...

59€ per un prodotto che è approdato da pochissimo su Steam (Gli update poi sono gratis  :dente:  ) ...Non ci si può aspettare un prodotto finito...diamogli tempo...

Secondo me ha del gran potenziale.

:sticazzi:

Work continues – I’ve completed the code to align the grid with a track and have it flow into joined tracks regardless of the direction they were laid and then, if they run out of road then they are happy to wander over the hills and far away.

Quite a bit of code is new here (adapted from BTB) but the good news is that much of it is laying the groundwork for the objects which is the next BIG item I am working on.

Aside from that I’ve found some speed improvement in the responsiveness of altering the terrain, fixed some minor bugs, made some minor improvement and worked on the naming convention for AC exports.

With this next release it is possible to simple export for Assetto Corsa, load in their editor, save the Track KN5 file and copy into your AC track folder.

VERY Roughly speaking I expect this release to take another two weeks to finish off the Grid/Pit/Hotlap/Timing editing interface and fix up the AC Terrain export to overcome the 65536 limit.