Fanatec in pista al Nürburgring nel 2018!

VELOCIPEDE

Thomas Jackermeier, boss della Fanatec, nota azienda tedesca che produce periferiche per il simracing, ha annunciato oggi una novità decisamente fuori dal comune: dall'incontro al recente SimRacing Expo con Dale Lomas, grande esperto del Nurburgring Nordschleife, è nata l'idea di schierare un team Fanatec reale alla 24 Ore del Nurburgring del 2018, portando in pista 4 piloti, 2 dipendenti Fanatec (forse lo stesso Thomas?) ed addirittura 2 simdrivers! Qui di seguito l'annuncio, non resta che attendere ulteriori sviluppi...

At the Simracing Expo I met a great guy and he inspired me to make an old dream come true: Participating in the famous 24H race on the Nürburgring.
The guy I met was Dale Lomas, the famous driver of the Ring-Taxi, blogger and one of the most experienced Nordschleife experts in the world. He is doing 2000 laps per year!

He is also a simracer and so we teamed up and he will help us to make this dream happen. The plan is to get a team and car ready for the race in 2018. We need to start from scratch and learn how to race, make licenses, how to build up a car and how to survive without damaging ourselves or others. Our target for 2018 is not just to be an driving obstacle, we want to compete. The team will consist of 4 Drivers. At least two will be Endor employees but we will also recruit one or two drivers from the community. If it is a success in 2018 then we will do it every year and bring more drivers to the best track in the world.

Our first step was to take a full track day with Dale. The track was reserved for participants of this Event and we were able to make 20 laps (=400km). My product designer, Bernhard, was with me and both of us were driving two laps with Dale as coach and then we changed. Dale taught us all those little tricks you need to know and while he was talking and talking our brains tried to save all that Information and at the same time keeping the car on track.
We had a modified BMW 228i with roll cage and sport tyres but the engine was standard. It was a great car to start and have fun and we gave several Porsches and GT-Rs a hard time with it. The McLaren P1 was a bit faster though.
We finished the session by letting Dale drive a lap and that brought us back on the ground and we realized that it is still a long way to go for us. Thanks to Dale for this fantastic day.
Next step will be to make the National license A and to build up a car during winter time. I will keep you posted!

a10713de28fb86251e86ca4cc105f1.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article