Packers question - Page 2 - Setups - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Packers question

Guest McSaltens

also depends on what car you are using and how are stiff the shocks... a travel of 10mm can be used in formula cars (but in nkpro it is difficult to stiffen the dampers so much without making them stop on the packers, until kunos tells me otherwise :P )...

with touring cars instead, you can use shock travel little more long, as 35/40 mm...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lratafia

• BoNI

• kunos

so i can see packers setting sounds as important as every other thing involved, how is it related to damper settings?

you can mess up the suspension setting if you start a new setup and don't pay attention to that settings

Packers or bump rubbers can be used to prevent the springs or torsion bars compressing too far

Packers are composite spacers placed on the piston rod of the dampers.

Edited by lratafia

generally more the shock is stiff, and less it should move. the values ​​of critical give you a hand to understand as the shocks are set on to the spring used...

to know exactly how much the shock works the only way is to use the AIM... if the shock (without packer) works for 20mm, and you use a 10mm packer, you know that over 10 mm of compression you are going on the packer...

and if you go to the packer in corner is not too good... :)

Edited by BoNI

• 1 month later...

press the suspension analisys button, configures the green as in the screen (values ​​that i asked to Kunos few years ago), and blue as the maximum value of the full scale measurement (may change from time to time), configure the channels of the suspension in the 4 drop-down menu, have fun! :)

EDIT: movements between -130 and 130 (i dont' remember if + is bump or rebound, i think bump but i'm not sure) should be controlled by the slow dampers, higher speed from fast dampers. in nkpro is almost impossible to have a graphic like this, probably because nk values ​​of the suspension are taken to the wheel (i think) but we don't know where they have placed the detection sensor in the real car (that i have taken as from example inthe screen).

however, there is nothing better than trying to understand how it works... :)

Senza_nome.jpg

Edited by BoNI

Hi Boni, thank a lot for your quick reply, but the problem I have is the option is grayed out, so I cannot press the suspension analisys button, I have the latest version of RS2, I will try with an older ver. Or maybe is there sth I have to do to enable it, but from the help within the software I couldn't manage to do it yet.

now i can not see what version i have installed. however, you must press the icon with the blue shock to enter in the screen that i showed you. of course you must have open a lap.. you can try with an older version...