2009 Formula Fantasy Series - Page 3 - Generale - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

2009 Formula Fantasy Series

Uff

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uff

• VELOCIPEDE

• speed10

• The Snake

There's going to be a couple of surprises in the v1.0 release. :wink:

Along with the surprises....

Progress Report! August 8 2009

FF09 Series AI taking the time to learn the tracks! Fun, fun, fun!!! Just watch them go around the tracks over and over!!!! :o

Vediamo un po' cosa saranno queste sorprese! ^^

I just hope players enjoy it. The physics are so much fun and it takes time to master. I have logged an unbelievable amount of hours on this project and it is by far my largest ever. Paolo has been there for me when I needed it and I couldn't be happier with the final product. I have to admit that it seems like a pretty good addon considering only two people worked on it. Laughing I am very proud of it and I am excited for people to actually play it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Disponibile!

The Formula Fantasy 2009 Series Addon for VGP3 is now available.

FEATURES:

1. Fantasy F1-style carset with 16 drivers, 8 teams using 2 different fantasy chassis (DOGO and Frontier Chassis)

2. WIP helmet view to race through. This will be updated and perfected in the near future v1.1 update.

3. Working KERS system. You have full control over it. From the toolbox menu you can setup the charge/discharge amount (up to the current rules limits), the minimum speed and so on. While driving, by pressing a button, you can engage the KERS system to get an additional ~80 HP.

4. Engine Max RPM limited to 18,000: maximum engine power is now slightly less than the original VGP3 carset. However, as stated above, KERS can add about 80HP (thus boosting the combined power to a maximum value actually greater than the original VGP3 carset!)

5. Engine Mapping. You have no more traction control, but you can design up to three different engine maps, both for acceleration and engine brake. Engine maps give you the ability to limit the maximum engine torque on a per-gear basis, so that you can, say, limit the engine torque to only 50% in 1st gear and 75% while in 2nd. Engine maps are very useful to get a much more controlled car even if TC is no longer available. You can switch, from within the car while driving, from one map to another, so that you can design map 1 for maximum power when starting, map 2 for normal driving and maybe switch to map 3 when tyres begin to wear out for example.

6. J-Dampers. Those devices are a refinement of the original mass-damper idea from Renault. Mass-dampers were forbidden, but J-Dampers are allowed and are nowadays used by almost every team. J-Dampers are a sort of "super-damper". They reduce accelerations in the vertical movement of suspensions so they can be very useful in the reduction of vibration and oscillation of the car, especially when riding the kerbs.

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Must have the full purchased and personalized copy of the VGP3 game

2. Must have the updated v0.80 installed

3. You might want to try this addon from a lower setting first and work your way up. This addon, though fairly optimized, is still at the mercy of the beta of VGP3 and will be better optimized as the game gets farther along.

Go to the VGP3EVO Site for more information and to download the addon.

Aggiungo qualche dettaglio dall'autore:

The AI do have some time on the tracks, but it has been limited. So please let the AI have a little while to learn the tracks. You will notice that they get faster as the races go on. The files I installed into the addon were not fully implemented AI files. They were about halfway or maybe a little more on some tracks.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please use a valid email address as I am getting returns on bad email addresses and I cannot add you if the email is bad. If you do not receive a reply, you can try to use the information you sent as I try to set you up anyway. But a lot of times, I cannot set up your information.

Thank you.