Quick adjustment request before 1.3 final came out

Guest nicho

Guest nicho

Hi Guys,

Firstly thanks for all the work, really enjoy the game.

I've just got a new gaming cockpit. G27 + playseat Revo + 46 inch HDTV.

And it seems I can finally tune it to a level where the field of view matches the real.

Here's two little problems, should be easy to do.

1, would you mind add a checkbox for "head movement" ON or OFF?

Head movement is a nice feature, it tells you how much G-force you are taking, it's working quite well when I was using the 22 inch monitor and playing on my desk.

Also, I know it can be done with different level, as iRacing, LFS, rFactor are doing right now,

But for a quick one, I'm just asking for a choice of fixed head position.

The fact is, when the TV is so big and so close to your eye. Head movement is making me sick, I will be focused on a small part of screen, and there's just too much of movement that my eyes can't track. I tried some other sim, and it feels much better without the vibration (and g-force)

So, it's just a checkbox to make cockpit always stay in the exact position.

2. Maybe some force manual gear checkbox?

I can always change gear without touching clutch, the function was setted that way, but changed to be more user friendly in the newer version.

What about a simple checkbox for it? shouldn't be any hard.

Thanks

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kunos

• lratafia

• oppolo

• Olivier.B

hello.. to turn off head movement you can edit the file in "cfg/headmov.ini" just like this:

[MULTIPLY]

MX=0.0

MY=0.0

MZ=0

I prefer no head movement myself ;)

As you can see you can selectively set the values for the X (lateral), Y (vertical), Z (longitudinal) axis separately. So, for example, you can set only X=0 'a la iR' .

I am not sure I understand your second point, but I wonder if you are aware of the "SIMPLE GEAR" setting in the setup.. you can set it to off and that will give you the old "lift or clutch is required to change gear"

Hi all.

I take advantage of this thread to ask something about the ingame chat box.

It could be a good thing to add an enable / disable option for it :thumbsup:

Hope we will soon try this new version :dribble:

the new version is well into beta testing stage, no features are going to be added at this time.

if the chat bothers you, you can fiddle with the file cfg/overlay.ini to move it out of the way.. of course u wont be able to enabled it once the sim is running.

Guest nicho

the new version is well into beta testing stage, no features are going to be added at this time.

if the chat bothers you, you can fiddle with the file cfg/overlay.ini to move it out of the way.. of course u wont be able to enabled it once the sim is running.

hello.. to turn off head movement you can edit the file in "cfg/headmov.ini" just like this:

[MULTIPLY]

MX=0.0

MY=0.0

MZ=0

I prefer no head movement myself ;)

As you can see you can selectively set the values for the X (lateral), Y (vertical), Z (longitudinal) axis separately. So, for example, you can set only X=0 'a la iR' .

I am not sure I understand your second point, but I wonder if you are aware of the "SIMPLE GEAR" setting in the setup.. you can set it to off and that will give you the old "lift or clutch is required to change gear"

great, thanks you guys for the info.

It appears that, in the new version, even if "simple gear" is off, you can still change gear without touching the clutch. All that changes is when the car starts, you can stall if you are not careful. But after 1st gear going right, nothing to worry anymore.

Hi

Thank's a lot for the advice :wave:

i´m aware too of this issue, in LFS for example, in cars with h pattern shifter, if you don´t press the clutch, even barely, but you need to press the clutch in order to change gears, i raced a few days ago in the abarth and i can shift with the G25 H pattern without pressing the clutch, even with the simple gear turned off, maybe it´s something that came wrong with the newer versions, because i don´t remember if this happened before.

and for the f1800 too, maybe the option simple gear it´s not working properly in some setups?

i´m aware too of this issue, in LFS for example, in cars with h pattern shifter, if you don´t press the clutch, even barely, but you need to press the clutch in order to change gears, i raced a few days ago in the abarth and i can shift with the G25 H pattern without pressing the clutch, even with the simple gear turned off, maybe it´s something that came wrong with the newer versions, because i don´t remember if this happened before.

and for the f1800 too, maybe the option simple gear it´s not working properly in some setups?

thanks for confirming. I remember it, but not very sure anymore. Going to try again but haven't have time yet.

That's exact what I was experiencing.

It should be something happened in the latest some update. Cuz sometime before, when I was using DFGT wheel, I used to set simple gear off, and had a little bit of crisis (changed them back later)

Since I've been playing nKPro properly (since 1.1) I've always been able to shift without using the clutch, with auto-clutch on or off. Simple gear allows you to shift without lifting (but that's kinda naff =))