VELOCIPEDE

download -> http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5541

Nordschleife Guide download link (Thanks to Hectari for providing this! Give this a try, it's an amazing in depth review of the track and how to race it)

Hey guys, Well…. good news and bad news….
Good news is, I managed to finish up the long awaited update, and I’m currently almost finished uploading… will probably be done by the end of my post.
A lot of things changed, you can find out all about it in the component description. I also reworked all the tatoos yesterday, since after redoing them and setting them to 0.001 as mentioned, I didnt noticed that most of them were still actually hidden. The large clip plane require more than 0.001 in most cases.
I found out that splitting my objects that need to be set to decals, into smaller pieces, helped reduce/remove the flickers, and allow to use smaller values like 0.003-4…
So all tatoos are now visible.
The bad news is, things are stirring up a bit over here, and I dunno how long I’ll be able to work on Nord… not sure how things will end up over here, so I might have to take an unwanted break.
The download is much larger because of the new road textures… each are 5mb in size, but not all are used… I will clean up after I’m totally done with adding variety to the road. I havent found much on the state of the tarmac in the guide, for the section after the karussel, it was mentioned in lots of corners the tarmac was rather in good condition at the time of the guide, so I let the light tarmac (medium age) there.. with the new patch that was already there.
So right now, there is three variety of tarmac, old, medium, and new. You will easily find out which are which as each as visually distinct and feels distinct as well.
Pleclair

Edited by VELOCIPEDE
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VELOCIPEDE

• marcello

• Niksounds

• FUORIGIRI

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Disponibile una prima versione.

Version 0.80 download http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5541

(remember to turn hdr off for best look)

UPDATE #1:

After couple of days of intense work, I'm proud to release (early) Nordschleife Tourist layout for rFactor 2.

I'm currently exhausted, so I will be taking the rest of the day easy, and will hop on it again next week.

It is very much playable, raceable, and more importantly the fun factor is there! So to those of you eager to try it out, here it is!

I've worked hard again all day long today, and swapped all road, grass, fences, guard rails materials properties for those of silverstone. All materials textures are swapped for silverstone's. (Not the primary texture, as it wouldnt look good, I tried... it then looks like a race circuit, instead of road circuit.

To my taste, it looks really good now. About halfway between rF1 quality and rF2. At times, it feels like a scratch built track for rF2...

I still have couple things to do like:

-Reflections
-A little track icon when you select track (loading screen is partly done, need a good screenshot of the track without cars)
-Make sure real roads works, maybe it does already.
-Swap more materials
-Swap textures, trees and stuff giving out that this is an rF1 track
-Maybe convert the other layouts included in the 2.2a release of the rF1 track.
-Stuff you will mention and I can do.
-Extrude fence so they cast shadows

I also started to work on reflections on the car as well as you can notice on the screens. ;)

There is also no more clipping, thanks to clip planes set to 6000

If all goes well, there might be an update coming your way this weekend, or early next week!

I'll read and reply to your post a little later, in worst case when I sub the update. I'm a little short on time right now.

Just wanted to let you know that there is big progress going on!

EDIT: Shots taken at 7am.

jbbQv6D6NiC050_xs.jpg j87cFOMe96gpF_xs.jpg

Disponibile la versione 0.91, da usare assieme al profilo HDR qui sotto.

Tosch HDR Profile for v0.90 and 0.91 download link

(remember to turn hdr off for best look, or use Tosch HDR Profile, ISI's default isnt proper for this)

UPDATE #3 (v0.91):

edit: tree problems isnt fixed... false hope.

Fixed the trees problems. It wasnt a billboarding setup problem, but it turns out a bunch of trees were sitting way too low in the ground, some even completely hidden. Raised a dozens of tree objects by different amount, some up to 8-9 meters.

Fixed the over black tarmac in some areas, including paddock. Was the result of those textures mixed up with silverstone mat properties.. Reverted to brianza's for those surface.

Removed the tatoos FFB. Will work some more on this, this made it in too early, wanted to remove it, but due to a mistake I made in the scn file, I reverted to a backup, that was prior me disabling the ffb on them. Need to lower the shaking when hitting them when going thru a corner.

UPDATE #2 (v0.90):

Swapped all trees for billboard versions
Added reflections to cars
Fixed TDF (the areas which seems overly bumpy was because some road part were still defined with rF1 TDF settings, I've pretty much went all over it and fixed it)
Set the smoke output according to this video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gSVeALvU5k8
Set the rainspray according to these videos: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=N_OjPNOiOXw and http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JI5iFN_H2G8
Redone the skybox
Improved the tatoos looks
Improved all trees textures
Added lots of objects shadows that were missing.

Unfortunately, I can't go much further... I tried to extrude the fences, and do other stuff, like add vegetation from lime rock park, but without being able to load the full scene in 3dsmax, it's really hard to do things like this.

There are known issues in this version:

There are some billboard trees that seems to be shy when seeing from cockpit view. If you check out replays from any other view, they are fine, but some trees seems to hide. They are most of time to the left of track, and when going up a slope. I can't seem to find the problem. All trees were created the very same way, using the gMaterial tool from Mario Morais.

There are one or two tree that is flickering.

The skybox is clipping when viewing from the paddock, in the opposite direction of track. It is the only time where it does that. It's set to 9000 lod out, no clip.. but it doesnt happens when racing in any other place.

I have tried to do the wet reflections, but there are stuff that I dont understand, and it seems that I would have to create planes in 3dsmax and stuff, so again, without having the full scene, it wont be possible for me to do.

Night lighting isnt done. Again, I tried, but dont know how to. Went to dev mode yesterday, went to 5 locations from the paddock, and took coords, and added like 20m to the z axis, so the light would be positioned up in the air, but they weren't showing at the coords I took note once in game.

This is something I can likely do, if I can find how to.

lo puoi mettere dentro la cartella della pista (e selezionarlo COMUNQUE a manina prima di entrare in pista dal comando "settings")

O addirittura sotto la cartella "di core" Rfactor2 e lo avrai disponibile su ogni pista (ma va cma selezionato da SETTINGS, dopo aver caricato la pista, e prima di entrarci)

Specifico di core , come tipologia (NON la cartella nominata CORE). Quindi subito dentro la dir Rfactor2.

Dopo questo, potrai "sofgliare i vari profili (di solito il default e' la dicitura "none") e troverai tutti quelli che hai messo.

Io spesso ne uso diversi per fare prove.

Nik

Edited by Niksounds

Scusate, ma come si installa il profilo in oggetto in rfactor2?

Grazie 1000

devi metterlo nella cartella user data , player ,setting, ring tourist.

devi metterlo nella cartella user data , player ,setting, ring tourist.

Gia', ma ingame non vedo il profilo e quindi non lo posso selezionare... :wtf:

fermi non è ring tourist... con l'aggiornamento è diventato Nordschleife_Tourist il profilo hdr và inserito li

Edited by Razer