AC: Mercedes Benz SLS AMG

VELOCIPEDE

Con uno spettacolare video di anteprima, la Kunos Simulazioni ci presenta oggi quella che sarà probabilmente la principale novità in arrivo con il nuovo update di Assetto Corsa previsto in uscita per il prossimo venerdi 29 agosto: gustatevi in azione la splendida Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG !

provata rapidamente, a dispetto del peso non proprio piuma si guida anche troppo bene con l'assetto stock e semislick.. ovviamente non è un'auto da pista, va guidata principalmente con l'acceleratore e gestendo con largo anticipo i trasferimenti di carico, ma mi ha stupito anche per la velocità che si riesce a portare a centro curva ed in frenata, e anche quando si esagera rimane comunque controllabile, rispetto all'm3 la coda sembra più ferma quando si arriva un po lunghi e si cerca comunque di inserire, mentre il motore sembra avere una grandissima schiena ma scarso allungo, alla fine sembra quasi incitare allo short shift, ma comunque ha tantissima potenza.

poi ho fatto un giro con la 458s3 ed è tutto un altro mondo, più leggero e diretto, con questo confronto si sente tutta la differenza di peso e di impostazione tra le due auto

Edited by Racing_34

Originally Posted by Bedros Magardichian

I'm actually quite impressed at how convincing it is! It's actually pretty damn convincing, the way it steps out, the way it understeers when pushed, the way it oversteers when you floor it. Good job AC!

Sound is a bit too low. The sound in the real thing kind of drowns out everything, and also the burbling is much more audible when the revs fall. They did do a good job of capturing the deep whine when the revs fall though. Obviously sound is not as rich as the real deal, but convincing enough.

Here's a clip when I drove it at COTA earlier this year, though too here you can't hear the burbling as much. I can assure you though, it is loud and the signature sound of the car as you drive around. Other difference is the shift indicator doesn't work in the sim. Other than that, pretty damn good!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-GGlB5PByM#t=295

As a somewhat fair comparison I downloaded a version of COTA for AC and did some laps. My laptimes were 3-4 seconds slower than what I was doing in the video. 2:28-2:31. In AC around 2:33-35. Its possible the track is not accurate, or the street tires are not representative of the Michelin PS2 tires, which is what we had at the track day.

Utente iRacing

Guest Playmax69

Originally Posted by Bedros Magardichian

I'm actually quite impressed at how convincing it is! It's actually pretty damn convincing, the way it steps out, the way it understeers when pushed, the way it oversteers when you floor it. Good job AC!

Sound is a bit too low. The sound in the real thing kind of drowns out everything, and also the burbling is much more audible when the revs fall. They did do a good job of capturing the deep whine when the revs fall though. Obviously sound is not as rich as the real deal, but convincing enough.

Here's a clip when I drove it at COTA earlier this year, though too here you can't hear the burbling as much. I can assure you though, it is loud and the signature sound of the car as you drive around. Other difference is the shift indicator doesn't work in the sim. Other than that, pretty damn good!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-GGlB5PByM#t=295

As a somewhat fair comparison I downloaded a version of COTA for AC and did some laps. My laptimes were 3-4 seconds slower than what I was doing in the video. 2:28-2:31. In AC around 2:33-35. Its possible the track is not accurate, or the street tires are not representative of the Michelin PS2 tires, which is what we had at the track day.

Utente iRacing

Infatti pochi minuti dopo l'update io ho scritto che quest'auto mi piaceva proprio tanto e mi convinceva molto...quindi qualcosina ancora capisco  :asd:

Anche la Evora S si imbarca parecchio.. Eppure dopo averla provata bene mi è piaciuta tantissimo.. La provero presto..

Altri pareri di chi l ha provata?

:-)