Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:03 AM
Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:22 PM
It launches this Tuesday, February 7, 2012, after the game’s online service maintenance period, currently scheduled between 03:00 and 04:00 GMT. Details about the update’s contents remain scant, though Kazunori has already mentioned one minor bug relating to drift trial replays that will be corrected.
As always, stay tuned for more information as its released!
Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:27 PM
Si tratta di una patch che dovrebbe essere messa a disposizione il 7 febbraio, ovvero martedì, un aggiornamento probabilmente votato all'aggiustamento di elementi interni e di bilanciamento, al momento senza dettagli precisi al riguardo. L'ultimo aggiornamento era il 2.03, arrivato insieme ad un pacchetto contenente nuove auto.
Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:14 PM
- Improved the performance of online races to provide a better racing experience. However, please note that using voice chat with 12 or more players can reduce screen refresh intervals.
- Reduced wobbling of the screen when using the Chase view (The Chase view is when the car is viewed from the rear during races and replays, selected by using the SELECT button).
- Electric cars (opponent cars and your cars in B-Spec) will now pit-in automatically to recharge the battery.
- Reduced the amount of steering pull when using force feedback steering wheel controllers in banks on courses such as the Special Stage Route X Oval.
- When driving formula cars using the Logitech steering wheel controllers, the initial force feedback amount has been lessened and adjusted to make it easier to drive in a straight line.
- Fixed an issue where speedometer, race position and best lap time info are sometimes not displayed on the 2nd player side in 2P Battle Mode.
- Fixed an issue where exhaust sound is heard even after switching from a combustion engine car to an electric car within the same online race.
- Fixed an issue where if the game is started without signing in online and then saved, the cars and courses included in the Racing Car Pack and Course Pack would become unusable.
- Fixed an issue where electric cars would not recharge in the pit and become immobile.
- Fixed an issue where when the oil of the Toyota Prius was changed in GT Auto, the motor ceased to function correctly.
- Improved the force feedback of the Guillemot Thrustmaster T500 RS, where the 10 level force feedback adjustment (especially when using the X2010 and X2011) was not working effectively. Also improved a condition where it was difficult to drive in the intended path.
This post has been promoted to an article
Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:19 PM
Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:41 PM
As previously announced by Kazunori Yamauchi, Gran Turismo 5 version 2.05 is now available. It weighs in at 25MB, and apparently brings with it only one publicly documented change, according to Polyphony Digital’s website:
New Seasonal Events have also become available in the game, introducing the following new A-Spec races:
- The issue of experience and rewards not being received in online races has now been corrected.
The game’s Online Car Dealership has also been updated; head over to our forums for a complete list of the new selection of vehicles. Thanks to RACECAR for the quick tip!
- 400PP Autumn Ring Mini /5 Laps
1st: Cr.133,200 2nd: Cr.81,100 3rd: Cr.71,200
- 500PP Nürburgring GP/D /3 Laps
1st: Cr.301,000 2nd: Cr.183,100 3rd: Cr.160,900
- 650PP Special Stage Route 5 /5 Laps
1st: Cr.447,600 2nd: Cr.272,400 3rd: Cr.239,400
Announced today on the official Gran Turismo website (and through the in-game news function) is a new feature to appeal to all the Gran Turismo shutterbugs, named “Photo Stream”. In essence this feature allows you to share your finest images, anonymously, with the entire Gran Turismo community through an as-yet unpublished URL:
At present gamers can view a specific user’s Shared images on gran-turismo.com, but only if the user is on their friends list. While Photo Stream will be anonymous it will allow you to browse photographs made by any user so long as they have been set to “Share”, as a showcase for the Photomode part of the game.
With the coming Gran Turismo 5 update planned for March 2012, we will be starting a new service on gran-turismo.com worldwide, called “Gran Turismo 5 Photo Stream”.
In GT5 Photo Stream, photographs taken in the photo mode of Gran Turismo 5 and set to “Share” will be shown in a list on a webpage, and be made possible to view by anyone.
The photographs will continue to change periodically, the online ID’s of the photographer will NOT be shown or made public, and there is no evaluation system or the like for the photographs. This is a service which simply introduces what kinds of photographs are being taken in Gran Turismo 5 by players around the world.
Please be aware that any photographs set to “Share” after the start date of this service will be released publically on the web by GT5 Photo Stream.
We hope you’ll look forward to the start of this new service.
* Photographs that had been set to “Share with Friends” before the start date of this service will not be shown in GT5 Photo Stream.
* Due to limitations of time and the number of photograph displayable, not all photographs set to “Share” may be shown in GT5 Photo Stream.
This post has been promoted to an article